Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

I did, but only for year 7 until end of year 8. :rolleyes: I had a bit of a disagreement with a few of the teachers and we thought it best I left. :o I'm 23 now, nearly 24. Can't be bothered to work out what years that would have been.

My son attended between 1990 & 1995 and didn't care for it. I think I know what he meant as it appeared very bland and without any soul to me. He attended Totley County prior to moving up and that was a very friendly and welcoming place.

He made a lot of friends at Ecgberts that he keeps in touch with and none of them have fond memories of the place. What I noticed is that on leaving Ecgberts most of his male friends (himself included) went through a multitude of career changes before settling on a job that they liked. So from a parents pespective I consider it to have been lacking in direction, things may be different now.

i go to king ecgberts now :) i'm in my last year though. i just realised, our school has been open for 50 years this year :) i reckon it should be celebrated somehow :) does anyone know anything on the history of our school?

and p.s. it is a bit of a crap school but ther are some AMAZING teachers :) that makes up for it

i left in '84. i remember ...Mrs Carlson - history teacher , Mr Smiles -RE. Miss plumtree- PE, Mr Applehoff- Maths. Mr Bowen - Geography, Mr Nuttall - head of Isolation unit ( not sure whether he actually taught any particular subject)Mrs Barr and Mrs Lewis both taught French if i remember correctly. Great days, i just didn't appreciate it at the time .

oh my gosh mr smiles taught RE!! he teaches history now! mr applehoff is still there, teaches ICT now insted of maths and Mr bowen still teaches history. he is also head of upper school. :)

i often wondered if Mr Applehoff was still there he often gave me detention in a lesson then took it back at the end of the lesson . Mr Smiles was many a girls crush ,including mine .bless him ! who is the head teacher/s now ?

i left in '84. i remember ...Mrs Carlson - history teacher , Mr Smiles -RE. Miss plumtree- PE, Mr Applehoff- Maths. Mr Bowen - Geography, Mr Nuttall - head of Isolation unit ( not sure whether he actually taught any particular subject)Mrs Barr and Mrs Lewis both taught French if i remember correctly. Great days, i just didn't appreciate it at the time .

You will have been in the same year as my brother.If I remember right our RE teacher went on to marry a pupil out of your year,and Mrs Barr was going out with the geography teacher (his name has slipped my mind)

yep i was in the same year as D and A was 2 years above me . ( don't want to say their names here ) did Mrs Barr marry the geography teacher while we were at king Ecgberts? i vaguely remember her getting married or maybe she married someone else ;)

Mr Smiles is a wonderful man!

He is still the Head of the Lower School.