Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

Hi

Went there when the school first opened 1957.the headmistress was Miss Coates known as Kitty Cotton.Coates was a well known firm selling cotton items and most weeks she asked everyone to bring in some money for the school kitty!

There was an article about her last month when she celebrated her 100th Birthday

In 1957 it was state of the art in schools,all girls and just one male teacher Mr Shaw who taught Commerce Shorthand and Typing.

I went to totley all saints school (C of E) which was a feeder school but went to meadowhead secondary...... I left ttley all saints in 1993/94 I think...?

Centenarian Miss Coates - congratulations. I knew them both when I joined the staff in '74. I rather liked Mr.Shaw and I remember how placid he remained when I reversed into his bumper on one of those regular treks from King's Croft/Upper School/Lower School.

Does anyone remember mr Wade he played that big base thing in assembley, i think he drove a three wheeler.

Does anyone remember mr Wade he played that big base thing in assembley, i think he drove a three wheeler.

Quite correct, he taught Latin. He's a former pupil of High Storrs Grammar School and was a good singer, being part of Dore G&S Society.

Hi

Went there when the school first opened 1957.the headmistress was Miss Coates known as Kitty Cotton.Coates was a well known firm selling cotton items and most weeks she asked everyone to bring in some money for the school kitty!

There was an article about her last month when she celebrated her 100th Birthday

In 1957 it was state of the art in schools,all girls and just one male teacher Mr Shaw who taught Commerce Shorthand and Typing.

My daughter went to King Ecberts in 1962, left in 1968. I know that she would love to read the article about Miss Coates, is it possible for me to obtain a copy for her ?.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

Posting to keep King Ecgberts thread alive as I am hoping to get some details on the Miss Coates article for my daughter.

Cynthia, Canada.

I went to KES left in 2000, Mr Bristow's form:thumbsup:

Thanks Nan, I have had a PR from a lister and she has very kindly offered to scan the article and email it to me.

Cheers from a great Nan, Cynthia.

Spoke to someone in the office (it was holiday time) understand the whole school has been rebuilt - anyone tell me when and why?

I would love to see that article on Miss Coates too - can you send details to my PM?