Where are Sheffield's nuclear shelters?

this is hsbc main computer network centre it controls everyones accounts who are with them and there other companys goes some many floors underground its at tankseley manor straight across from pub/ hotel word has staff that work there have to sign official secrets act due to the complex secruity

The HSBC computer complex at Tankersley is an ICEBERG, 85% of it is underground. Just look at it and you cannot fail to miss the massive air intake pipes. A few years ago there was a triple electric fence around it and every morning you could see armed MOD Police going around clearing up the dead rabbits etc. This, in the 70s & 80s, was the Northern Command Headquarters in the event of the nuclear war taking off.

I have, over the past 20 years, known several people who have worked there and, so far, none of them have ever denied that this place is any other than what I know it to be. Indeed, there have been a fair few who have confirmed it & f*** the OSA.

I actually mentioned all this to a (very senior) police officer in the Division that covers that particular plot, in the mid 1980s. He was a good mate, and a close drinking buddy, and when I asked him about it he looked me straight in the eye and told me that I should drop the subject forthwith and, if I failed to comply, he would have no other option than to place me under arrest even though I had not actually signed the Official Secrets Act. :gag:

I know where they are. Just outside sheffield as you are going to barnesley. They are near ahotel/resturante that I have just forgot the name. I will remember tomorrow and tell you. This is where all the biig people will go down underground if any disaster happened.

Can you let me know where it is, cos I am a big lad :P

dose anyone have a copy of 'Threds' i could buy/have, my nan's old house was used in the making along with other memrebilia from arround that time, it would be nice to own my own copy:)

i would prefer a DvD or DivX version as i dont have a vidio player:)

:thumbsup:

hello.

IT is on sale again, i think from dvd.com at £10.99 for dvd

or

play.com for the same price.

if not i could send you a copy. free

pm. me and we can exchange addresses. just cost you postage.

juliediane

THREADS Ccan be bought from play.com for £9.99

it is not a club where you must buy a set number of dvd's.

Threads is on Amazon, going for £65 min which is just crazy.

Your pm points you to the cheapest place :thumbsup:

play.com for £9.99

HI there. . .

could you PM me the "cheapest place" as well, please. . .

Cheers. . .

Munky!

try play.com for only £9.99 for a dvd

juliediane

try play.com for only £9.99 for a dvd

juliediane

You seem to be struggling with the buttons today :P

In the late 50's I worked at The Blood Transfusion Service and we were giiven a lecture by Dr Bowley the head of the Service about what were to do in case of nuclear war. We were told to make our way to Rampton Hostpital as we would be needed there. How we were to do this was not explained and we were all working in Sheffield at the time.

hazel

In the late 50's I worked at The Blood Transfusion Service and we were giiven a lecture by Dr Bowley the head of the Service about what were to do in case of nuclear war. We were told to make our way to Rampton Hostpital as we would be needed there. How we were to do this was not explained and we were all working in Sheffield at the time.

hazel

Perhaps they just wanted to keep the numbers up Hazel. :P

You weren't the only one with that idea, it had occured to us!!!. :)

hazel

A list of the 'bunkers' built and operated by the Military, Royal Observer Corps. The ROC manned these locations and their purpose was to monitor the radiation fall out levels post nuclear attack.

Not exactly large scale bunkers where high profile members of the Government/Military would stay, but bunkers nether the less.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/location/south-yorkshire