Where are Sheffield's nuclear shelters?

There were some shelters up on the moors heading into the peak district. I only this because they were sold on ebay (seriously!) with the land they stood on about a year ago and a friend was bidding on it to build a house there.

The shelter still had a working air purifcation system.

When I was younger we used to hangaround in the area where the old power station at neepsend once stood.

We did once climb into an opening on the wall when we had a close look we noticed the concrete ledge we were standing on was only suspended by some rubble and a bit of chicken wire, the drop below us was very deep and there were loads of huge pipes running down. needless to say we made a rapid exit, I understand that they filled in any remaining tunnels and openings after the incident when two men lost thier lives scrapping the cables

all of neepsend power station has been landscape over now where there used to be a big retaining wall up to railway level you can actually walk up it now as honey planet said after the incident with the two men the electric board or council filled all tunnels in

I know where they are. Just outside sheffield as you are going to barnesley. They are near ahotel/resturante that I have just forgot the name. I will remember tomorrow and tell you. This is where all the biig people will go down underground if any disaster happened.

this is hsbc main computer network centre it controls everyones accounts who are with them and there other companys goes some many floors underground its at tankseley manor straight across from pub/ hotel word has staff that work there have to sign official secrets act due to the complex secruity

All the Nuclear Bunkers for the Affluent Sheffield set are situated in Darwin Australia!!!

Originally posted by jimmy75

there is also a sheltor in chapeltown go up passed the commercial pub take first left as if going on to newton chambers estate and just b4 you come to some factory gates there it is set back a bit from road on left hand side dunno who owns it tho

that that your onabout isnt a newclear buncker its an underground airrade which was used as a hospital during the war. my grandma has told me some fasinating storys about that place & i've been down from a few enterances.

but there is a newclear bunker in sheffield, i've heard about it before from my cousins dad, he works for the govenment. its under midland bank, where the AG Glass place is.

Theres a shelter under hartleybrook school on shiregreen .Its in the bottom yard near the dinner hall but its been sealed and bricked off.

Originally posted by davey_c

strange question - does anyone know where a nuclear bunker is in sheffield? i saw a tv show on shelters(yes i am sad for watching it) but it got me thinking sheffields a big city so where is its shelters?can anyone help?

cheers

DAVE

There probably is one but its location

might be top secret so we will never know.:thumbsup: