The stupid idiot that crashed into me

Went out on a cycle ride this evening,well on my way home i get some prick in a car that overtakes me then cuts right infront of me to turn left up a side street. Luckly i slam my brakes on and manage to turn my handlebars stopping me from going stright into the car. The car still ended up clipping my bike but the good thing is that my handlebars went stright down the side of their car making a nice big deep scratch all the way down the side of the car,driver saw what he had done but instead of stopping to see if i was ok just put his foot down and shot off.

Im putting it down to a impatient driver getting frustrated at having to wait a few extra seconds untill i had clearly passed the junction they wanted to turn up. At least their car came off a whole lot worse than me & my bike.

Anyway i got the number plate and reported it to the police,not that im expecting anything to come of it.

Where did that happern rob? i cut a biker up today at greenhill.

Probably not there car!!!! Hope you`re ok!

I think bikes should have those spacers on which stop cars getting to close, and attach some knives or sharp keys to the end sp they get a nasty paintjob when trying to cut US cyclists up...

Also add some stingers to the back, so if they ride up your backside, we can release stingers to give them a puncture for a change..

The things i could do if i was in charge :rolleyes::D .....

Two morons did their best to take out a cyclist at the Park Square roundabout at teatime today. Fortunately he was OK.

if so then he needs to drive more carefull hpoe u r ok

did u have lights on and all that

Yes 2 front & 2 rear lights + a nice yellow hi viz jacket, the driver clearly must have seen me as they overtook me before making the left turn.

Like i said not a scratch on me or the bike.

Heres hoping that the cars does belong to the driver as they will have a nice deep long scratch to get repaired.

Sounds like it was your fault since you obviously didn't anticipate him turning left and slow down in time. Or did he not indicate?

How glad you must be that you scratched his car. Insurance should be made compulsory for cyclists if you ask me.

Sounds like it was your fault since you obviously didn't anticipate him turning left and slow down in time. Or did he not indicate?

How glad you must be that you scratched his car. Insurance should be made compulsory for cyclists if you ask me.

Erm please explain how it could be the cyclists fault? The car driver obviously knows which way they want to turn so if there is not enough time to overtake and take the left turn then dont overtake!

You can't blame the cyclist for not being a mind reader!

EDIT: oh and i think i would be pleased to scratch their car aswell if an impatient fool put my life at risk like that and didn't even bother to stop!

Is it me or am i getting a spooky Friday the 13th anti cycling vibe here.

Im sure that old chestnut of you dont pay 'road tax' will crop up any minute and that i shouldnt have been on the road anyway.

My fault, i dont think so, but then again i im a cyclist so yes i guess it must be my fault.

Im i glad that i scrathed their car ? yeah im over the moon i couldnt be happier. It might just make them think twice before pulling a stupid maneuver like that again, although really they scratched their own car as it was them that ran into me.

From what i could gather the car driver overtook (at speed i assume) then cut in front of the bike.He obviously knew the bike was there and where the bike would be going but chose to cut across because he didnt feel like waiting even if it meant the endangering of other road users.

On a side note,Im glad you didnt get hurt mate :thumbsup: .Any car driver that cut me up like that better be prepared for a hospital stay