Saffron Club Indian restaurant - it wasn't a good experience.

Bad girl bad girl What ya gonna do...

What ya gonna do when they come for you???

:gag:

I can't we believe we missed this embarrasing scene. We were in the restaurant and didn't notice it.

Then surely they'd be legally in the wrong? AFAIK you have every right to refuse to pay for a meal you are not satisfied with.

Your personal preferences have nothing to do with the contract you entered into when you ordered the food. You have every right to complain or to request compensation but you have no legal right not to pay unless the contract was breached on the part of the restaurant.

I think any reasonable restaurant would be more than happy to make things right for a customer if they presented a dish and the customer tasted it or ate a small portion and then complained. I think most readers to this thread have the niggling idea that something else is going on here.

My experience with the Saffron Club has been nothing but positive and I am happy to have them as a new addition to the city centre restaurants.

Ur like a little child crying for a soother, wanting the board to say "u did right!" Please meggy warn restaurants before u decide to go to their establishment for a meal. Ur not passing word of mouth your venomous for any restaurant...Thank goodness i dnt own a restaurant. For all we knw u might b fibbing...An important question would be...

Meggy would the restaurant want you back...? :help:

why would i fib about it and put it on the forum, I think you need to grow up if those kind of thoughts enter your mind.

I DON'T GET IT?!!!! :huh:

which part of meggy's complaint don't you lot get? :loopy:

She didn't ask what the fish was, accepted that it was her own fault for not asking the waiter and was going to pay for it.

the PROBLEM was the owner interrupted them mid-meal in a very rude and from the sounds of it, aggressive manner, demanding to know who was gonna pay for the meal. it sounds like a lack of communication between the staff. the waiter was happy with the situation as meggy & her husband were happy to share their meal. AT NO POINT HAS MEGGY SAID SHE'D TOLD THE WAITER SHE WASN'T PREPARED TO PAY FOR THE FISH.

the owner WRONGLY assumed that they weren't going to pay, and came over to them as agressive in his way of dealing with them. He instigated an argument which meggy and her husband weren't prepared to tolerate. And the final straw for them was when he physically pushed meggy's husband.

The owner handled the situation very badly

Thank goodness it's not just me. I re-read the original post several times to make sure I had't missed anything, like Meggy threatening to knuckle someone. There is no excuse for a manager losing the plot, that's not their role. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and your losses.

I also take it that Miss Madras is related to someone in admin at the Forum as I've had post's removed for far mor minor breaches of the rules yet her outpourings remain?

Sorry to disappoint you but she isn't connected to anyone in Admin or the Mod Team and you haven't had any posts removed.

Thank goodness it's not just me. I re-read the original post several times to make sure I had't missed anything, like Meggy threatening to knuckle someone. There is no excuse for a manager losing the plot, that's not their role. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and your losses.

I also take it that Miss Madras is related to someone in admin at the Forum as I've had post's removed for far mor minor breaches of the rules yet her outpourings remain?

cheers pete_jim for your support i have been well battered on here just wish everyone really took the yime to read original post rather than just following on from everyone elses, and i agree miss madras has an attitude problem i reckon she has something to do with saffron club!! very child like!

cheers bud!

Sorry to disappoint you but she isn't connected to anyone in Admin or the Mod Team and you haven't had any posts removed.

You are asssuming that I would be pleased if she were. The posts I referred to were on other threads.

I agree with both sides here. Meggy was wrong not to enquire what the fish was and as a conciquence got salmon which was disliked by her husband. The chef is not, however, a mind reader and was only cooking the dish that you ordered.Up to this point you should have paid. However it sounds like you were treated very badly by the foh staff and owner. This sort of thing should never get out of hand in a way that the staff end up arguing with their customers. In light of this I would probably have thrown the money in the owners face and left!

Half a dozen of one and six of the other. I am sure everyone involved including those people on here who jumped to conclusions could learn something.

Meg needs to read the menu, the owner needs to learn some manners and I need to learn the original post properly :-)

Oh, I prefer Chinese, they always smile.

I agree with both sides here. Meggy was wrong not to enquire what the fish was and as a conciquence got salmon which was disliked by her husband. The chef is not, however, a mind reader and was only cooking the dish that you ordered.Up to this point you should have paid. However it sounds like you were treated very badly by the foh staff and owner. This sort of thing should never get out of hand in a way that the staff end up arguing with their customers. In light of this I would probably have thrown the money in the owners face and left!

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more and if Miss Madras has nothing more mature to enlighten us with maybe the best thing she could do is be quiet.