Pregnancy Blues?

Hi Everyone,

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today and for some strange reason, over the last few days I've been really tearful and feel quite isolated.

My husband is wonderful and obviously has to work but some mornings I resent him for leaving me by myself!!! I've been on Maternity Leave since I was 29 weeks as I have had SPD and lots of pulled ligaments from quite early on so have been home alone for quite some time. When I first started Maternity Leave I was able to get myself out around town for an hour or so at a time but now I daren't due to my advanced gestation, and the fact that it's quite uncomfotable to walk.

This baby is VERY much wanted and was VERY much planned. It's an IVF pregnancy and my husband and I were truly blessed that it worked 1st time for us so I hate complaining about anything to do with the pregnancy, it's just that I feel quite fed up.

Does anyone else feel or has anyone else felt like this? I'm perfectly sure the feelings will subside but at the moment they're very much there.

Thanks for listening

xxx

AW, no wonder your fed up, you havent had the pregnancy from heaven have you?? i think its perfectly normal to feel down at times during pregnancy, all the hormones and changes can make me an emotional wreck at times! some women have easier pregnancies than others but on the whole, its not an easy time. I've found this (my 2nd) pregnancy much more emotional than my last and have been very down at times.

The final stretch is always the hardest, but just try to bear in mind the end result, its not long for you now and the end is in sight. I hope these last few weeks go quickly for you. good luck. x

its perfectly normal, your homones will be alover and when you are due to give birth the homones change again. to feel weepy is only one side effect to crazy homones!. i too had difficulty walking about towards the end of my pregnancy because freya was in the engaged position for what seemed ages, this takes its strain because your body doesnt feel your own and you are unable to do things as you would normally.

nobody will think any less of you or that the baby isnt much loved/wanted because your having a bit of a moan! pregnancy in its last stages is hard work and takes its toll! in a months time you will be over the moon with your much awaited bundle!

love to you all, and best wishes,

lisa x

Thankyou for your replies Becca and Lisa. I'm feeling a bit better than I did earlier on today. It's lovely that you took the time to post to me after my 'me' post :-)

Becca - When are you due?

Lisa - How old is Freya?

I can't wait until my Munchkin is born but I'm seriously emotional at the moment. At least I can blame my mood swings on my hormones! ;-)

Thanks again ladies xxx

I felt exactly how you felt except i had got a toddler to get up with in a morning etc, It got instantly better once my 2nd was born,

Where abouts in Sheffield are you ??

ANGIE X

Hi Anjie - I'm actually in Rotherham :-) How old are your children?

xx

your welcome mrs c, im due at xmas, again! first was born xmas eve!!

hope you feel better soon x

Oh do I remember that feeling. I was absolutely desperate to get on with it, I was also on early leave from 30 weeks because I had 'irritable uterus' which I think is just a term for anything non dangerous which they can't diagnose.

So, we moved house but as I was carrying twins I couldn't even fill my days getting the house sorted. I just spent hours and hours in the bath in an attempt to get some bodily support.

Anyway, I got to 37 weeks on the nose and my waters broke which was a huge relief. Babies were fine.

It will soon pass, someone advised me at the time to make the most of the last child free moments with my partner - perhaps that might help? Any last minute letters you should catch up on, the household filing you never managed to do, there won't be much time after the birth.

And once you've given birth, come and join me and some other forum members at Jellytots parent and child drop in centre :)

Becca - 2 Christmas babies!!! That's really sweet. Hope it all goes well :) xx

Zebra - Thankyou for the advice. I have to admit that I always feel much better after a bath. The weightlessness is priceless :)

Thankyou for the invitation to come to Jellytots. I'll more than likely take you up on that.

Hope your twins are fine :) How old are they?

xxxx

My two are 27months and 19weeks old, :) One of each,

xxxx

Hi Everyone,

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today and for some strange reason, over the last few days I've been really tearful and feel quite isolated.

.......Does anyone else feel or has anyone else felt like this? I'm perfectly sure the feelings will subside but at the moment they're very much there.

Thanks for listening

xxx

ur so not alone, im quite a strong person, but i was crying my eyes out at anything, thruout whole preg! it was nightmare

ive got a friend who took her new born to tescos and sobbed in the veg, even thou shes the happiest person ever! so dont worry about it, its hormones youll be fine once ur bundle is here

hope u have really easy birth and it just pops out! xx

Hi Everyone,

My husband is wonderful and obviously has to work but some mornings I resent him for leaving me by myself!!! I've been on Maternity Leave since I was 29 weeks as I have had SPD and lots of pulled ligaments from quite early on so have been home alone for quite some time. When I first started Maternity Leave I was able to get myself out around town for an hour or so at a time but now I daren't due to my advanced gestation, and the fact that it's quite uncomfotable to walk.

This baby is VERY much wanted and was VERY much planned. It's an IVF pregnancy and my husband and I were truly blessed that it worked 1st time for us so I hate complaining about anything to do with the pregnancy, it's just that I feel quite fed up.

Does anyone else feel or has anyone else felt like this? I'm perfectly sure the feelings will subside but at the moment they're very much there.

Thanks for listening

xxx

I suffered with SPD from 27 week into my 2nd pregnancy and it made me feel really low. The hardest thing was looking after my little boy, Luke who was just 1 at the time (there's just over 14 months between my two!). I had to finish work early, couldn't drive, walk, hardly even climb the stairs and it got me down ... however, I gave birth to my beautiful Jessica Lily at 39 weeks and all those feelings and pain disappeared. Good luck for the future :thumbsup: