Did anyone here go to High Storrs school?

I'm hardly surprised they asked you to leave if you knocked one out.

Most people do that in the privacy of their own home.

Didn’t have his address, and in any case I need to make the statement. He bullied everyone — and turned out to be a solicitor! It’s incidental, but I warned him three times before landing him one —two actually. Saw his eyes glaze so hit him again and down he went, apparently never to bully again.

i must have missed out on both of them yak, i think you started when i was finishing.

My main memories of High Storrs, are the many teachers who 'alledgedly' left due to ill health and mental problems. Cant think why

My main memories of High Storrs, are the many teachers who 'alledgedly' left due to ill health and mental problems. Cant think why

No, odd that isn't it!

Moving on from the fit teachers completely, do you remember Mr Toll?

He was like a police officer, nothing got past him.

I was there 96-98 in the sixth form! thought the people there were pretty unfriendly really!! bunch of snobs if you came from a different school!!

teachers were ok tho, mr matthew and mr cartwright were fantastic!

left in 1974. Remember Mr Hayes (Physics and he also was manager of the football team for a bit, told me at training onece that I could be the best full back the school had ever had and then dropped me for missing a training session to go to the dentist!!!)

Mr Presgrave - Maths

Mike Brady and Hedley Matthew - Games

Frau Carey - German

Cant really remember any others, too long ago!!!

Hedley Matthew - Games

He's still there I think, his son plays Squash for England.

I was there 96-98 in the sixth form! thought the people there were pretty unfriendly really!! bunch of snobs if you came from a different school!!

teachers were ok tho, mr matthew and mr cartwright were fantastic!

You obviously joined the year my year left! I finished in '96 and we were probably the greatest year in the history of the school!! :hihi:

You obviously joined the year my year left! I finished in '96 and we were probably the greatest year in the history of the school!! :hihi:

I must have missed all the great people!!!:(

and yes nick matthew does still play squash, I didn't know him well but my boyf at the time was good mates wiv him!

I must have missed all the great people!!!:(

and yes nick matthew does still play squash, I didn't know him well but my boyf at the time was good mates wiv him!

I probably knew him, my ex girlfriend was two years below me and I knew alot of her mates from High Storrs.

I probably knew him, my ex girlfriend was two years below me and I knew alot of her mates from High Storrs.

who was your girl? did she attend the sixth form?

yeah i went to high storrs and left in year 2000