Did anyone here go to High Storrs school?

Cheers PT. I have corrected his name rather than Heine, the former S.A. Test bowler. Paul Heiney definitely went to H.S., I remember one of my late friends showing me his name in a mark book - W then rcz permutation but can't remember what it was.

Its on going at the moment but we have been told it will not be finished until about 2009 but I have to say not much seems to be happening yet. They are trying to do it mostly during the school hols I think with very little disruption to the children.

Piece in the Telegraph this week, public consultation on the design next week, and a picture of the proposed new building. Personally I think it looks like the old building with builders' portakabins attached!

Cheers PT. I have corrected his name rather than Heine, the former S.A. Test bowler. Paul Heiney definitely went to H.S., I remember one of my late friends showing me his name in a mark book - W then rcz permutation but can't remember what it was.

I was in the same class as Paul Heiney from 1960-66.His name then was Paul Heinrich Wisniewski.Nice lad.

I was in the same class as Paul Heiney from 1960-66.His name then was Paul Heinrich Wisniewski.Nice lad.

Thanks for that info. Must try and commit that to memory.

I've just read this thread from beginning to end, it's brought back so many memories.

I attended HS from 76 to 80 and so many of the names of staff are familiar. I've got to say my favourite teacher was Mr Hayes. He provided so much, usually unintended, entertainment, but I hope he lives forever. I have have it on good authority from one of his ex-colleagues that he will do so due to the preservative chemical atmosphere in those old laboratories.

I've just read this thread from beginning to end, it's brought back so many memories.

I attended HS from 76 to 80 and so many of the names of staff are familiar. I've got to say my favourite teacher was Mr Hayes. He provided so much, usually unintended, entertainment, but I hope he lives forever. I have have it on good authority from one of his ex-colleagues that he will do so due to the preservative chemical atmosphere in those old laboratories.

Thats the first time I have ever heard anyone say Mr Hayes was their favourite teacher:hihi:

Most people like myself just shudder and mutter strange expletives at the mention of his name!!!

Steve Heighway, Liverpool and Eire footballer was in the year below me at HSGS. He lived around Whirlow Court Road and had an elder brother about 3 years older. We would catch the number 50 bus that left Dore village and get off at Hoober Road to walk up to school. My recollections are different to Wikipedia in that I thought he was only at HSGS for a couple of years, say second and third year. Played as a shamateur for Skelsmersdale with Brian Hall who also played for Liverpool. Wasn't good enough for our under 14's.

Had a successful career running their academy. Dick Bate - now he was a player

received from ray everitt re: 75th anniversary

Saturday June 28th, from 11am, there are loads of events, displays, performances etc all day in school. Please tell as many former pupils as possible. We will be putting ads etc in the media over the coming weeks.

Best wishes

I went to the 75th anniversary celebrations and was horrified at the condition of the building. The floors were worn out in places; the walls looked as though they were crumbling away. I'm sure there have been buildings in Sheffield in better condition that have been pulled down.

I live close by and work has now started on the rebuild. Does anyone know where the plans are available to view please?