Jordanthorpe Girls School

Yes I was there from 1961 to 1965. Do you know Janis Andrews, Linda Hill, Susan Haines, Linda Peat?

My sister went to Jordanthorpe girls school she would have left in about 1975 we live in Jordanthorpe her first name is Marie

Yes I was at Jordanthorpe Girls' School from 1960 to 1962. It was my very first teaching post as Miss Pauline May! I taught Maths., Geography and P.E. Only left as I married and moved to Durham. Some of my pupils formed a guard of honour with tennis racquets when I married at Norton Church in August 1962. I have some great memories of my time there and I also lived very locally on Low Edges Estate in Lupton Road.

On 25/05/2012 at 06:40, jenniewren said:

Yes I was there from 1961 to 1965. Do you know Janis Andrews, Linda Hill, Susan Haines, Linda Peat?

Hi there  I was just  messing around on google and saw this(better late than never) Iwas at Jordanthorpe Girls and knew Janis Andrews, Linda Hill, Susan Haines also Jennifer Ward, Cindy Housely.  I lived on Lowedges Rd untill 1970

Edited by AUDREY Sharp
Change name

It’s a bit late but I went to Jordanthorpe girls school when it first opened miss Pebble was head mistress and miss Beech was my form teacher  I loved it there the big tree in the middle of  field we used to sit in it  . I New Pat Coles,  Delice  Jaqueline Jordan Doreen all lived on green hill/ low edges. I lived on  gervase Avenue and I left school in April 1963 .

Hi I was at  Jordonthorpe until 1965 also had Miss Beech as a form teacher in one of the science rooms. Do you know anyone who went on a Mediterranean Cruise with the school probably around 1962 or 1963 we went to France Casablanca Spain.