Unique Sheffield Fishcakes

Although I'm from Sheffield and know what a Sheffield Fishcake is, doesn't a rissole contain spicy minced meat and onion. My understanding is that a fishcake is like a rissole but contains fish and parsley? A Sheffield fishcake is two slices of potato with fish between and battered, where I live its called a 'Fish Scallop'. Thats the way I understand it.

Although I'm from Sheffield and know what a Sheffield Fishcake is, doesn't a rissole contain spicy minced meat and onion. My understanding is that a fishcake is like a rissole but contains fish and parsley? A Sheffield fishcake is two slices of potato with fish between and battered, where I live its called a 'Fish Scallop'. Thats the way I understand it.

My thoughts exactly :)

My family and I love Sheffield Fishcakes and we cant get em in Manchester, hence, when Im back home we always have one. Where can you recommend to get a good one?

My family and I love Sheffield Fishcakes and we cant get em in Manchester, hence, when Im back home we always have one.

Where can you recommend to get a good one?

If you're near Wadsley Bridge, one is opposite the now closed Somerfield.

Trafalgar Road.

Best fishcakes ive tasted 4 ages are from the pacific ocean on darnall! rest of grubs crap but fish cakes 4 amazin!

Called fish patties in my home county of Cumbria......well in North West Cumbria at least!

Sheffield people are known for getting the names wrong. They call a Swede a turnip, a fishcake a rissole, a fish scallop a fishcake, a bap a breadcake, a finger role a bridge roll, a faggot ahap'ennny duck etc, etc.

i havnt had a fishcake for bout 5 months now since been down in cornwall but omg im cumin up soon be first place i stop lol fishcake buttie with loads vinegar on yummy

My grandparents had a chippy on Woodseats from 1906 until 1946.

They sold fish-cakes with plenty of fish in them for a penny!

They were very popular with the American forces over here during the war.

Fish was difficult to get as transport to and from the docks was often curtailed. However, somehow or other they always managed to open five nights a week and two lunchtimes.

Anybody remember Walkers on Abbeydale Road opposite the Broadfield? Sometimes when he'd been fishing he'd put trout in the fishcake - in summer he'd put in a bit of tomato from his greenhouse.

Anybody remember Walkers on Abbeydale Road opposite the Broadfield? Sometimes when he'd been fishing he'd put trout in the fishcake - in summer he'd put in a bit of tomato from his greenhouse.

Walkers? That's going back a bit but I do remember them quite well

Sheffield people are known for getting the names wrong. They call a Swede a turnip, a fishcake a rissole, a fish scallop a fishcake, a bap a breadcake, a finger role a bridge roll, a faggot ahap'ennny duck etc, etc.

And your a c*nt.

Just goes to show we're not all wrong