Flea Treatment Mega Thread! (Merged Threads)

ive looked on google, and site sells the frontline stuff anyway, so i think i'll purchase that,

I thought it was a prescription only drug?

apparently not, ive just bought it - £16.70 for 6 x 0.5ml vials

is that a good price or not?!

Dunno - Brude's a dog, and bigger than the average cat, so ours costs more anyway

I would be wary of administering a drug to any pet without consulting a vet first - getting the second batch off the internet can't do any harm though, once you've not had any side-effects ;)

just make sure you get the right flea stuff obviously if it comes from the vets then no problem. Some flea treatments are too strong for kittens so you need to check first. If you wanted to try something less harmful then tea tree works wonders against fleas and is homeopathic so wont do any harm. I have used all sorts of flea treatments due to my long list of animals but Ive always found Frontline the best although my cats are faily old now. I would definately recommend tea tree for the cats and then the spray for the house. Its an awful time of year for the little mites and they really can take hold on your kitties and home if your not careful.

Good luck :)

I usually go to the vets and get some "Dronatal FrontLine". Ya put it on the back of their necks using a dropper, gets rid of the fleas in no time.

Ones you can buy from normal shops are a scam - the vets are the only ones allowed to sell the stuff that's strong enough!

thanks for the reply - thats the one i bought off ebay so house and cats are now flea free :clap::)

Have just ordered some Frontline off the internet for my cats. They don't have fleas but prevention is the name of the game:hihi:

Frontline is really effective, it used to be prescription only but that has now been lifted , you can buy online and its loads cheaper.

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread (I'm a sod for that) but we find frontline spot on good for prevention but not for cure.

When our cats got them, we managed to obtain many impressive war wounds by holding them into the bath and spraying them (after all the less traumatising treatments failing).

The spray did get rid of the fleas but the cats weren't too happy, it depends if your two hold a grudge! Ours don't!

My cats had fleas earlier in the year i sprayed them the house and put that stuff on their necks and flea collers but now i still see a few fleas on them when i brush them each week

Is it impossible to get rid of them completely ?

yes it is go to vet and get frontline treatment!! costs a bit but works

Note: Threads merged