Lunch clubs near low edges

Hi Everybody! :) I'm trying to help an elderly relative find things to do during the day. she lives in low edges and is interested in finding local (or nearly local) lunch clubs, groups, day centres etc. Any info would be most appreciated!!

Hi Everybody! :) I'm trying to help an elderly relative find things to do during the day. she lives in low edges and is interested in finding local (or nearly local) lunch clubs, groups, day centres etc. Any info would be most appreciated!!

Hi, there used to be a good lunch club and other events at the tenant's hall on Gresley Road. Maybe you could try them. They run bingo sessions Mon Wed and Fri so you could catch someone there from about 6.15pm.

thanks very much :) we'll check them out this week :)

have you tried ringing the council, they should have a list of day centres and activities for the elderly!!

Ask att Dronfield Library they have a huge list of day centres etc...

ring Agewell and Lunch Clubs in Sheffield on 2751212 and they can tell you where all the clubs are and try and find a place for your relative. I used them for mine and they were brilliant, really helpful and sorted out 3 activities during the week for my gran who was stuck in the house all week

tenants Hall is good, i know there is one in Batemoor but i am not sure if it is just for the people who are in the sheltered accomadation

The Terminus Initiative at the Terminus in Lowedges is good, cheap and all the staff have the time to spend with you

Hi there

Age Concern in Sheffield are really good, Ive had dealing with them before, they are based in the town centre just opposite T J Hughes.

Social Services may also be able to help out your relative and give some info about day centres, social activities etc. Age Well aswell will be able to send you a list out of day centres etc.

Good luck!

I work for Age Concern

give them a ring and ask for the Community Link Workers number for Low Edges her name is Alice

She will be able to help

or you can pm me and I will help

jj

My mum is involved with a lunch club it is on a Tuesday lunch is served at 1pm if you call in around 12 they will be able to tell you if there are any vacancies once you have a place thats it.They play bingo and have raffles also.It is held at the tenants hall on Gresely Road.