Sign in to follow this  

Connecting to ADSL & networks

Assuming your using XP. Go to Start, Control Panel, Add Hardware, this will make XP search for the hardware.

When my mate was setting up the wireless network in the flat i was using XP home edition and he couldnt get it to connect the network at all. I changed to XP pro and it worked perfectly.:confused:

Well this has XP Home pre loaded but I HAVE had a network (wireless) running (in a fashion) in the past.

However that was using USB WiFi cards, this is an internal PCI card and my system just cant find it despite starting from scratch and doing it the correct way AND using the 'find new hardware' option.

I'm doomed I tells ya!

Checxk to make sure the card is seated properly, also is their any jumpers to make PnP.

Dont get too technical.... crikey.

Well to update the situation I had to system restore to the day before (so I uninstalled all drivers and software etc and basically put the system back to how it was.

Then I removed the old 56k modem from it’s bay/slot (dunno what they call it – the white thing PCI cards fit into), and fitted the Wireless PCI card into that section. Now because the old 56k modem fitted into a smaller brown slot/bay the other was unused.

I then rebooted the system and it found the hardware. So I have NO IDEA why it didn’t find it in the other bay/slot.

The other (with the firewire) slot/bay wasn’t even filled with anything either. The firewire was like a wire which fitted into another section of the motherboard

If I was a techy I’d tell ya in more detail.

Anyway now it’s found and installed. The next step is to setup a network. Which again isn’t proving too easy.

However I’ll see how that goes.

DB :thumbsup:

Check out Digital Spy, many "experts" or rather many people that really know what they're doing. They'll have the answer.

Just again the URL is: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk

:thumbsup: