Welcome to the crafts group!!

Hi everyone,

I was wanting to tell everyone about my new business venture. I have created an online shop called Funkestuff. I am selling a whole range of products, primarily from British homegrown businesses and would like to hear from anyone creative out there who is looking for a channel to sell their products through.

My email address is funkestuffuk@gmail.com

Thanks everyone

Tamsin

Anyone know of uk sellers of the Silhoeutte SD or ecraft. Or is anyone selling one?

Anyone know of uk sellers of the Silhoeutte SD or ecraft. Or is anyone selling one?

Who makes the SD? There are two manufacturers (at least) that make Silhouette machines. I have a Quickutz Silhouette. If you want a new one there are loats of craft shops that sell them. Its best to look around on line or craft magazines for offers. They can often be found second hand on ebay. I can see if I still have the sellers name but I've had mine for over four years now so they might not be the cheapest.

My name is Pat and I just love making all sorts of things such as jewellery, soaps, fabric flowers and hair accessories etc etc. In fact any new ideas for making polymer clay beads would be great !!!!!

Thank you, I managed to get one from eBay!

I'm after the do crafts me to you cd now, looks like eBay again!

Hi all. Been a member on the forum for years, but am wanting to take a more keen interest in my crafts and the crafty people in sheffield, so thought I'd introduce myself here. I like all sorts of crafts, cross stitch, sewing, card making....if i can make it i love it, lol.

Hopefully be able to post some pics of the projects I am doing, and take some tips and hints from anyone that likes wat I'm doing. I also have a blog, address in signature, but this is more for my own motivation rather than anything else, but please feel free to have a read!

Guess thats it for now.

Happy crafting xx

Hello everyone.

I take part in many handmade crafts, such as free hand embroidery, crochet, knitting, cross stitch, rag rugs. i try to use these old traditional techniques and putting a modern spin on my designs. I also make things for craft fairs, such as purses, cushions, jewellery and other nice little things for the home.

I am really interested in people’s handmade memories.

I believe allot of creative people who love handmade crafts was inspired by the older women.

I was inspired by my mother, i used to watch her knit and I was fascinated by how fast she was. She also taught me these techniques.

I would love to hear everyone’s memories of creating their first handmade piece? What it was? How it made you feel..How their crafting skills inspired you?

It would be great to hear stories from crafty people and I may even use the stories for my very next project.

Thank you

Lillybet

Hello Craft Lovers!

Im running a community art project in Sheffield at the moment called Biography Bunting!

Join in with Biography Bunting and take part in creating a piece of inter-generational public art.

We are inviting everyone of all ages to create their own triangle flag to represent themselves. This can include anything you choose words or images, whatever you please. Get crafty with pens, needle and thread, paints and fabric!

All entries will be displayed at a final celebration event, which you will be invited to come see and experience what you have helped create! It will be great to look at the designs and guess what part of Sheffields community they have come from!

Bunting packs are free and include information and a fabric flag for you customize! Although please feel free to create your own out of whatever material you wish - knit, crochet, applique, paper cut - the choice is yours.

The lovely Cocoa have agreed to collect the flags for us. Once you have finished your creation please send it back in the envelope provided or take them to:

Cocoa,

462 Ecclesall Road,

Sheffield,

S11 8PX

They are open everyday from 10-5.30 and 12-5 on Sundays.

(They make a mean hot chocolate too)

FINALLY remember to include your name, a short sentence about your flag and contact details to be entered into a free prize draw.

Details of the final celebration event coming soon!

• Bunting packs are available to pick up from Cocoa on Ecclesall Rd, Thelma's on Sharrowvale Road, and will shortly be in Whichcraft and Harland Cafe on John St.

If you would like to take part I can also post bunting packs out if you PM me with your address!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/BiographyBunting
Twitter: @Bio_Bunting

Hi, I have just started making handmade fashion bracelets. Does anybody know of any bead wholesalers in Sheffield? x

As a fellow crafter I am organising an Easter Craft & Gift Fair at the Baslow Village Hall 3days. Would any of you experienced crafters like to hire a table for 1 - 3 days and sell some of the lovely items you make. You would be very welcome. Jewellery tables will be limited.

The event will be well advertised. Why not try it. Send me your email address for more details