The person in the silver Nissan Almera who nearly ran me over today

Pedestrians who don't want to be run down: treat all drivers as complete idiots who haven't seen you and will quite happily run you down as look in your general direction.

Drivers who don't want to run anyone down: treat all pedestrians as complete idiots who haven't seen you and would rather be run down than look in your general direction.

Guest Pauly
Pedestrians who don't want to be run down: treat all drivers as complete idiots who haven't seen you and will quite happily run you down as look in your general direction.

Drivers who don't want to run anyone down: treat all pedestrians as complete idiots who haven't seen you and would rather be run down than look in your general direction.

That's good advice. :)

Pedestrians do have right of way.

The highway code points this out.

It also points out that pedestrians are not allowed to walk on motorways,

but if some nutter is on the motorway a driver is still expected to give way. You are not sanctioned to run them over.

Pleas quote the section in the Highway code which says this as i need to refresh my memory. I have found the bit about mororways just the bit about Pedestrians having the right of way on our main roads please. I cant find it thanks.

THEY ARE BOTH WRONG But the kid trying to cross the road is more wrong as he might have cause a big accident,if he had walk out without looking(fact), the almera driver would have serve to avoid the kid (the kid not using the green cross code) and smash head on with the car opposite (red light so there should be a car waiting at light) at 30mph as the kid stated and both driver would have died all because the kid didnt use the green cross code:rant: So the kid should read the highway code and learn the green cross code instead of wasting time on his computer

that should clear everything up on this stupid argument

Guest Pauly

Isn't this all getting a bit boring now? :roll: Like alot of pointless arguments on this forum one or two posters are getting bogged down in petty details in a desperate attempt to be right or god forbid NOT to be proved wrong. Let it go yeh? :loopy:

THEY ARE BOTH WRONG But the kid trying to cross the road is more wrong as he might have cause a big accident,if he had walk out without looking(fact), the almera driver would have serve to avoid the kid (the kid not using the green cross code) and smash head on with the car opposite (red light so there should be a car waiting at light) at 30mph as the kid stated and both driver would have died all because the kid didnt use the green cross code So the kid should read the highway code and learn the green cross code instead of wasting time on his computer

that should clear everything up on this stupid argument

You are totally right. Anything you care to mention makes the utmost sense.

Now please excuse me whilst I go away and lie down in a very darkened room...

I can`t believe I`m reading some of the stuff on this subject.

Let`s make the assumption that the driver went through the light on purpose (and we all see loads of the cretins doing it all the time....) so how can anyone try to defend such driving ? I`d go further, anyone who actually tries to argue that it is acceptable shouldn`t be on the road themselves.

I cannot say I`ve never gone through a red light, but if I have it`s more or less as it was changing, it was a misjudgement and (most importantly) I will have felt guilty and apologetic. I certainly wouldn`t try to defend it

I must confess to some bemusement about this thread and I can only assume that it`s down to a breakdown in communication. Just to clarify things, I would like to know if "Tony" disagrees with any of the above, and if so, why ?

I must confess to some bemusement about this thread and I can only assume that it`s down to a breakdown in communication. Just to clarify things, I would like to know if "Tony" disagrees with any of the above, and if so, why ?

See below. Sorry, I replied to wrong poster!

Justin Smith — Feeling guilty and apologetic I can understand. Feeling guilty aand reporting yourself for the offence I can also understand — but I note you didn’t feel THAT guilty!

Justin Smith — Feeling guilty and apologetic I can understand. Feeling guilty aand reporting yourself for the offence I can also understand — but I note you didn’t feel THAT guilty!

I thought I had a sense of humour but (not for the first time on SF) I find myself wondering whether "never wrong" is being satirical or not. How can one tell and am I the only one who finds it difficult to judge ?

My answer (reproduced above) to the thread on t*****s who throw their fag ends out of their car windows is probably appropriate here, but with "never wrong" deleted and "peterw" inserted instead !