Daughter wants a sweet sixteen ball(its all new to me) need a venue 4 wk after xmas

Ive been informed by my 15 (soon to be 16 )yr old daughter she would like a sweet sixteen ball for her birthday as its the in thing at the mo.Trouble is her b/day is just after xmas i need any suggestions for appropiate venues...cheap as i will be skint after xmas....that will cater for teenagers and the old ones as we are called any help appreciated......i can get a dj but any prices and menues for catering a finger buffet gladly welcome...PLEASE HELP ME:)

I'd ask your daughter first ;)

I bet somebody in her class has already had one, and if you don't know what you're up against..... ;)

why not have a cocktail party? (non alc of course --cough cough) in back garden, all guys have to tux up, and girls in cocktail dresses, we had a few of them until i was in mid 20's always popular, and cheap.

In January?

Swallownest social hire out on a friday night.

we hired our local sports hall/leisure centre function room.catered ourselves, their was a bar open all night - which amazingly served everyone,knowing full well it was a 16th.

we did a 16th 'cos by the time they're 18 they've lost touch with most people.

although we did give her an 18th & a 21st>>>mug is the operative phrase.

sherwood on birley moor road

birley social club

trades and labour club

In January?

it would solve the 'what to buy for christmas' problem, thermals all round:)

The Davy United / McKee sports club on prince of wales road cater for teenage parties and are not over priced. Also one of my friends daughters hired the little club on Darnall main road think its called Don Valley Sports Club (its an old and well known boxing assocoation i believe) it was not over priced and you can do your own catering / decorations etc... must admit though it wasn't over clean.

thanks for all your replies i will be looking n to a few of these venues.Does anybody know if the disco is for hire on the top of the old ice rink on queens rd:)

one last one I would suggest is the Polish club on Ecclesall Road - they can also provide a dj and catering if required

thanks for all your replies i will be looking n to a few of these venues.Does anybody know if the disco is for hire on the top of the old ice rink on queens rd:)

Yes it is i had my 18th there a few years ago in the stars suite and coincidently one of my old friends from school had the mayfair suite next door so the part was alot bigger than we had planned