Sign in to follow this  

England 1-Japan 1

So there we have it. English football is cr@p.

And that's after resorting to diving (Rooney), elbowing, and getting away with it (Rooney), and getting away with a clear penalty shout (Scholes). Plus God knows how many fresh legs through substitution.

90 odd teams to pick from and we insist on fielding the same gaggle of overpaid, under skilled posers.

Time to start using some lower league talent methinks.

Let's face it, most of the teams these players play for are only where they are due to foreign talent.

Thank God for English rugby!!

There isn't any lower league talent..and if there is they all play for Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland. Look how well they're doing.

Personally I prefer to wait and comment after more than just one meaningless friendly

Argh, not worth stressing about. They are all overpaid with have no pride for their nation. Bring on the England Rugby squad for national pride!!!!!!!!

Errr,...'one win in five, and that was against Lichtenstein!!'

That's a quote from TV last night.

It also seems then that England don't try to win in 'meaningless games'.

Let's face it, England are a crap footballing nation and always have been. We may have invented the game but it doesn't mean we'll ever be any good at it.

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

Bring on the England Rugby squad for national pride!!!!!!!!

You sir, are a true officianado of England's sporting heroes.

Very well said DD.:thumbsup:

now, what about womens football? More entertaining and fun, for the girls as well.

Wasn't that women's football I watched last night? Apologies to you ladies, and Japan.

Originally posted by markham

You sir, are a true officianado of England's sporting heroes.

Very well said DD.:thumbsup:

Cheers!!

Wasn't really a big fan of rugby, apart from the odd six nations tournaments, until the rugby world cup. I know what I will watching from now on and it won't be a bunch of spoilt little boys who only care about how much money they going to get.

Now, the idea of women's footy sounds very appealing ;)

Now, why do I want England to do badly in Euro 2004?

Am I unpatriotic? NO.

Do I like the other nations better? NO.

What I want to see is Zidane, Henry etc turn on the style and wipe the smug, self-righteous expressions of the England primadonnas' faces.

I want to see the 'I'm only patriotic where football's concerned, and I can get England a bad name abroad' supporters shot down in flames.

I want to see how many of these England flags stay up when England lose embarrassingly.

I want the Rugby World Cup to come round again!!

I'm not sure why everyone was so upset at the thought that Sven was talking to Chelsea. He should get back to running his bookshops.

Under his guidance England play without style, confidence and passion. They are timid, unadventurous and boring.

A better manager could do well with the same squad of players.

Prepare to be bored even when they win

does that mean there crap then, surley not what about our no 1 national hero david beckham,90 000 grand a week. michael i sound like a robot owen, a defence thats got more leaks than mi5. my favourate tho was our first choice midfield , beckham , gerrard, scholes and lampard , this bunch apparently are going 2 stop france. they must be ****ting themselves after watching japan walk thro them with ease , so thats our team god help us.

Once again we see multiple subs used. Personally I don't see the point in this.