Student Discount Card

It gets on my nerves that students get discount cards to get cheap booze special events ect and people like me that work have to pay over the odds on booze it really wind's me up!!!

You could enrol on an evening class at Sheffield college. You'd get an N.U.S. card that'll get you discounts. Plus you could learn something new. You might be a bit late for courses that have already started, but there'll be courses starting in January.

I did Spanish last year. If I'd thought about it, I could have probably recouped the course fees in student discounts.

i have just enrolled at the college in Hillsborough for a computer course. I find it very odd that I am not entitled to a Student Card until i have had two assessments (whatever that means). Surely once you enrol, you begin sudying and are therefore a student. Is being a student an automatic entitlement to a N.U.S. card or does it depend where you enrol and what for. I'm confused

It gets on my nerves that students get discount cards to get cheap booze special events ect and people like me that work have to pay over the odds on booze it really wind's me up!!!

Surely if one collection of people get a discount, the other collection of people are paying the normal prices and not over the odds?

If only students lived in the real world.

if only you had a brain.

There have been lots of threads on this subject before. At the end of the day students are a neccessary part of life. If you were seriously ill would you prefer to be operated on by somebody who has had no medical education or by somebody who has been taught to do their job over a number of years? Student are given a relatively small amount of money to support them whilst they are studying, most of which has to be paid back. The few times by student card is helpful to me I use it. Should we not use them because non-students object? If you had to do a course for your job and were given a student card would you use it? If so I don't see what your objection is.

Better to have students than to have areas of Sheffield empty. I think students do a lot more for Sheffield's businesses than they get back in discounts. Plus there are plenty of ways to cheat the system and get discount cards without actually being a student. Hows about you use your initiative pal...

Launch your own "non-student card" for locals only, then go round all the pubs and bars to negotiate the discounts you want.

Remember business don't give students discount because they feel sorry for them not having enough money to pay real prices, they do it to try and convince the students to spend money they don't have in their establishment over their rivals. This is why there's no student discount in supermarkets - the students will have to spend that money, so there's no benefit in dicounting it. Students don't have to go out and buy expensive clothes, music and alcohol, so the companies discount it to convince them they do.

Im not a fan of students going crazy and drinking themselves to death, but without them im afraid Sheffield would be a dessert. You would not have all the bars, restaurants, gyms, cinemas, etc etc in Sheffield with out the students ploughing their money into them. So really they actually keep the city going.

Im not a fan of students going crazy and drinking themselves to death, but without them im afraid Sheffield would be a dessert. You would not have all the bars, restaurants, gyms, cinemas, etc etc in Sheffield with out the students ploughing their money into them. So really they actually keep the city going.

Got food on the mind ay :hihi: