Anyone from Abbey Lane School?

I was there from 1949 to 1953.The outside toilets were always freezing, we had lunch at our desks, and playing on the field, swing from the branches of trees. Only teacher l can remember, was Mr Howsley, he gave me a rotten school report, just because l had a lot of time of school, with measles, chickenpox and a broken arm. But l think back now and wish l was still there.

I was there 1951 - 57 . When I first went Miss Davis was Head & my Mum remembered her when she went to Abbey Lane .The toilets were awful & always dirty . I remember a Mr. Braithwaite - he was very strict & liked using a ruler to tap fingers . Miss hastwell liked warming herself by a radiator in a small room somewhere but was very kind. I also remember a Miss Skyrme , Mr. Rosling , Mr. Norris ,Mr. Askam , Mr . Howsley & Miss Bullas . I remember eating our lunch at our desks which were covered with a little embroidered tray cloth . They were happy times . Chris

I was at this wonderful school from 1971-7 and remember many great teachers there.

I was discussing this with my other half recently, that most would be in their 70's at least by now (if they haven't passed on)- I know that Mrs Spreyer and Mr Clark (head) sadly did ages ago.

I wondered what happened to Mr Jackson, Mrs Pryjonko (sp?), Mr Staniforth etc?

Does anyone remember them?

I believe my mother taught there in the 1940's I have a photo album of the school and her class.

Her name was Muriel Auckland

I was there from 1939 to 1946 before passing the scholarship & going to High Storrs. Remember

Miss Davis, Mrs Bullers, Mr Sergeant & many of the teachers including Miss Auckland Miss Brooks etc.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:55, Sue Manners said:

I believe my mother taught there in the 1940's I have a photo album of the school and her class.

Her name was Muriel Auckland

Yes, I remember Miss Auckland I was there from 1939 to 1946. I have no photos would be interested to see one & if I am on it.