Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Brightside Photos needed

I am hoping that someone out there may have a photograph of the old cottage at the top of Dearne Street in Brightside. The cottage was still there at the end of 1969. My great aunt lived there for 40+ years and I visited her regularly as a child. I have wonderful memories of the cottage and would dearly love a photgraph. I am also looking for any photos of any events at St Margarets church Brightside 1950+ and events at the Wesleyan Chapel on Dearne St from the same era. Thanks Anita:) :)

Thanks Greybeard, I found both these but like you I still can't find anything else. If anyone out there can find any photos in your collections I would be sooooo! grateful. I am looking esp. for photos of people in the area possibly at church functions etc. My Grandmother, Annie Wright, was active at St Margarets all her life and her husband Fred was a memeber of the chapel I think. They were both involved with the annual flower show and I have prize tickets from many years back. I would love to have copies of any photos from these shows. My grandfathers sister Ethel Housley lived at the cottage and she too was active within the church/chapel. ::thumbsup:

I recieved your message but as I am new, (less than 10 posts) I cant reply to your message .Please send me your e mail address then I can send you the "stuff".