Sign in to follow this  

SF parenting product review

It occurred to me whilst bathing my girls this evening that I wish I had never bought one of my bath seats cos it's a big bag of dirty pants (ie useless).

If only I'd known before I went shopping!

Well, surely this is the place to do a product review?

So, if you write a quick review of your favourite, or least favourite products with your reasons, stockists and price we can all avoid buying the tat hopefully.

My bath seat was a £7.99 jobbie from Toys r us. It doesn't stick to the bath properly and it has an upright support which is so narrow is splits the difference of the baby who is sat in it if they lean backwards.

Someone gave me the other one - a Mothercare one I think with a nice thick centre upright which keeps the baby sat upright and safe without making things uncomfortable for her.

Another purchasing bugbear was castor oil and zinc bum cream, what a waste of money. Sudocrem has been great. Only in the last 2 weeks or so have we found that it isn't working on one of our girls who has the worst case of nappy rash in the world ever (or so she thinks). Unguentum from the docs hasn't worked, fresh air time hasn't done much so I googled chronic nappy rash and found everyone suggests Metanium so I got some today, I'll let you know how we get on.

well, i wish i hadn't bothered buying sheets for the bab. for the first 2 months of her life it was far too hot for her and she spent most nights sleeping just in a nappy, and for the other 2 months she's been using a sleeping bag (or "dream pod" as mamas and papas would have me believe). Said "dream pod" has to be one of the best things we've bought.

Yeah, we've got a cheaper version of the dream pod from Dunelm Mill, kinda thing which matches their cot and bedding sets like a miniature sleeping bag.

Fantastic, especially in winter.

I love my baby hoodie from http://www.morrck.co.uk. I loved it so much I bought another one. It is really handy. I have one in her car seat and the other in her pram. It's a fleece blanket that has holes to thread the seatbelts through and you can wrap it around them. I really like it as I can control her temperature in the car and outside easily and don't have to try and put a big pram suit on her. When I go in shops if it is warm I can unwrap her a bit and then re-wrap her on the way back out.

Metanium is excellent, dd got a sore neck from dribbling so i put it on her neck and by morning her neck was fine again ( only yellow from the cream lol)

Not sure what my worst by is but im sure weve got one

Mothercare sleeping bags where a god send last winter.

Small surfin slept like a log in them. Not too hot/ not too cold.

Just bought a bigger size for this winter coming, so the 0-6 months ones are up for sale.

Jim:thumbsup:

Well, it looks like Metanium is as good as everyone claims, Twingle 2's bottom is looking a lot more normal today. Gruesome yellow gunk though, looks more toxic than babypoo!