Political correctness gone mad

i know mate, i agree we cant have them driving lorries, she should get your job on the buses and that way there would be a polite driver who stops for passengers even if they are stressed, and you could drive the lorry without stopping.

I'm all for equality between the sexes, indeed, its time to move on

BUT

I saw something today that truely made by blood run cold.

I was driving away from Meadowhall, when I saw a Articulated Lorry (yes one of those big ones with a trailer on the back) being driven

BY

A

WOMAN !!!!!!

Whats happening to this country ??????

You're stuck in a rut, and it's time you indeed move on! :rolleyes:

PS "What's happening to this country?". Needs an apostrophe and only one question mark. :thumbsup:

i know mate, i agree we cant have them driving lorries, .

Glad I'm not on my own on this issue

My God! You know what Lester, next they'll be letting them drive buses :rolleyes:

I once saw a woman driving a.. <dare-i-say-it> Supertram!! Mind you, at least its on tracks and there is a simple start/stop control for it...:P

OK i'm going to be in the minority of women here and i am going to agree with you to a certain degree, i think i would've been surprised to see a woman driving and i feel more comfortable to see lorries being driven by men, not sure why though :confused: but some 'women' i use the term loosely look and act more like a man so if i saw someone like that i wouldn't be shocked :suspect: just realised this doesn't really make sense but someone might catch my drift :help:

There’s nothing wrong with women driving articulated lorries. I knew the daughter of the first female lorry driver in the U.K. — and that daugher, a bright, bubbly girl also had an HGV licence. And what a girl! She lived on the canal in a narrowboat and changed direction to become a newspaper reporter. I gave her her first job, and she proved just as good at that as she had in being an artic driver.

Some females are remarkably adept, so don’t knock ’em — worship ’em! I don’t enjoy being a passenger in a car, but I always felt safe when she was driving, and in fact I was safe! She cursed at the antics of other drivers on every journey we made, but she could certainly drive, and drive well.

I'm tempted to put on a comment, that would really stir up a hornets nest.

Shall I...... ?

Hey up!

Never mind sat in the cab of a lorry...

I wanna know who let her out of the kitchen!? :o