Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

No Nobis Dominine was our School Song

Remember the school choir always sang it at Speech Day held annually at the Sheffield Montgomery Hall - always on a Thursday evening and the following day was always "A Merit Holiday"

I was at Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1957 (born 1940, now almost 79)

Malaysia in many ways is like the UK 25/30 years ago - the indigenous Malay adults seem to think and act like teenagers

Victor Hutchinson - living in Malaysia since end of 2006 

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2006 at 17:00, flashbang said:

I remember waiting outside the pub and our dad bringing us a packet, that contained a pickled onion, a triangular cheese spread, and two ritz crackers. can anyone else remember them? :)

If I remember they were called "Billions" does that ring a bell?,could be wrong!.

2 minutes ago, old tup said:

If I remember they were called "Billions" does that ring a bell?,could be wrong!.

I think they were "Billiam"

1 minute ago, kevvy said:

I got it half right things are looking up!.

2 minutes ago, old tup said:

Even half right is a bonus these days !!😁

19 minutes ago, kevvy said:

Weren’t Billiam the firm that made them?

They did little bags of red peanuts as well. 

They were hung on cards behind the bar

5 minutes ago, Dreb48 said:

Weren’t Billiam the firm that made them?

They did little bags of red peanuts as well. 

They were hung on cards behind the bar

My first job on leaving school in 1958 was as a drivers mate delivering to pubs and working mens clubs for Goddard and Sons,mineral water,cordials,soda syphons,Billiams snacks and my least favourite Smiths Crisps!.In those days the only crisps you could buy were plain with a blue paper twist of salt enclosed,they were packed in aluminium square tins which we carried 6 to 8 high balanced on your front,now and then one would slip and drop onto your head the sharp corners making a nice painful indentation in it blood trickling down your face,Smiths crisps I did not like!.

I was born in 1955.

I can remember on several occasions playing with the mercury out of broken thermometers.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2006 at 23:17, pattricia said:

We always had mucky legs and torn knickers on didnt we ? :hihi:

Didn't notice, honest!!  Was busy trying to train my pet  wood louse to board my ''Dinky"  London Bus:blush:.  Born in 1951. Us 10 year olds had decorum back then.

Any body here remember back in the day how mum would give us the rare treat of half a pomegranate and a needle to pick the seeds out with?  With the instructions, "Swallow that pin an' I'll soddin' kill ya":(

Edited by mad-dad

On 26/02/2011 at 07:16, Lucifer said:

I remember living in Crookes, 175 Crookes to be exact, I remember waking up to find two feet of snow then getting into the town centre where it was just wet on the floor. Crookes is a different world in winter so yes you probably needed skis.:cool:

I made some skis with butter barrel staves, never got the hang of it though.

On 06/04/2019 at 10:58, kevvy said:

On 06/04/2019 at 11:01, old tup said:

No you got it all right they were called "billions"..cheese triangle,pickled onion,couple of "ritz"..crackers and a small wooden knife inside to spread the cheese..my parents had a pub in the late 60's / 70's  and  they came on a large card which was hung up.....probably sold billions too lol..:hihi:

23 hours ago, mad-dad said:

Didn't notice, honest!!  Was busy trying to train my pet  wood louse to board my ''Dinky"  London Bus:blush:.  Born in 1951. Us 10 year olds had decorum back then.

Any body here remember back in the day how mum would give us the rare treat of half a pomegranate and a needle to pick the seeds out with?  With the instructions, "Swallow that pin an' I'll soddin' kill ya":(

:nod:  I still eat pomegranates like that