Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

Food of the gods:- Cows heal,

Cows udder,

Tripe,

Chitterligs & Bag,

Pigs Trotters,

Ox tail.

Weren't we fortunate, now there is only pork, beef, chicken and all this new rubbish.

Hi Brian,it was my job too,because it came under the heading "girls jobs"And to Lucifer,you brought back a memory.We used to call our bums the black hole of calcutta

Yes, I do, it was only there for emergencies though, for if we ran out of horrible Izal

Izal hd a rough side and a shiny side, rough to start off with and polish to finish. there was also Bronco toilet rolls.

My dad used to tear the newspapers up into squares and then string them up early on Saturday morning each week before the rest of us got up. He used to say he had bought them from R Swipe & Co. Mom wasn't best pleased at this but approved of the economy.

My dad used to tear the newspapers up into squares and then string them up early on Saturday morning each week before the rest of us got up. He used to say he had bought them from R Swipe & Co. Mom wasn't best pleased at this but approved of the economy.

hiya reading these letters makes me realise how much things have changed over the years i was born in 1938 , and in 1950 went camping to worsborough canal, there were seven of us three were thirteen, three were eleven, and me at twelve, this was my first and last camping trip, we had two tents one for three, and one a bit bigger for four, the first meal we had i realised i'd forgot my plate so had to eat out of the frying pan yuk..and to cap it we pitched the tents in long grass as one said we would be warm in the long grass, the beetles had the same idea..we were all spreading our wings,

Edited by willybite

What about the Kelly lamp for the outside loo to stop the pipes and cistern from freezing.

Hi Brian,it was my job too,because it came under the heading "girls jobs"And to Lucifer,you brought back a memory.We used to call our bums the black hole of calcutta

HI YA AGAIN LINDA, YES I THINK I REMEMBER THAT SAYING, TELL YER WHAT I HAD WHITE UNDER PANTS AND THE NEWS PAPER USE TO LEAVE BLACK MARKS INSIDE THEM.

I REMEMBER LOOKING THROUGH THE MIRROR AT MY BACKSIDE AND I HAD

AN INPRINT OF 1953 AND IT TOOK DAYS FOR IT TO COME OFF. HIHI

:hihi::hihi:

What about the Kelly lamp for the outside loo to stop the pipes and cistern from freezing.

Yep, I remember that!

does anybody remember making ski,s by splitting

a bamboo cane in half steaming the ends with a kettle

so they turned up at the ends and then you just stood on them and hoped,this was late 40s up Crookes.

does anybody remember making ski,s by splitting

a bamboo cane in half steaming the ends with a kettle

so they turned up at the ends and then you just stood on them and hoped,this was late 40s up Crookes.

I remember living in Crookes, 175 Crookes to be exact, I remember waking up to find two feet of snow then getting into the town centre where it was just wet on the floor. Crookes is a different world in winter so yes you probably needed skis.:cool:

In those days I didn't know Sheffielders' knew what skiing was! :D

Never went on the Bole Hills then, best ski resort in the 50's.:banana: