Was Anyone In Reney Avenue Children's Home?

the one i remember was reallly tall.i wasnt in the home myself but my sister used to go out with him.i used to go to sunday school with julie.just remembered the richard i knew had a friend called casper.

Did you go to Sunday School at St Peters Church Reney Avenue ?

Did Julie Morris have a baby when she was quite young? and did she go to Greenhill methodidt for a while?

Did Julie Morris have a baby when she was quite young? and did she go to Greenhill methodidt for a while?

Im not sure if julie attended church or not, she has got a daughter but I'm not sure how old she was when she was born :)

the one i remember was reallly tall.i wasnt in the home myself but my sister used to go out with him.i used to go to sunday school with julie.just remembered the richard i knew had a friend called casper.

did he wear glasses?

:)

i went to micheal church sunday school.yes julie did have a baby.it was a girl.

hi guys does any body remember the childrens homes on reney avenue i was a inmate thier, between 1968/1973 .

i remember the childrens home on reney.there were 2 buildings next to each other.i had a few friends that lived in there.a little bit after your time though.

i was looking for old friends who were there the same time i was who i have not seen or heard of for over 30 years ,i had great times there it was a bit strict at times but we had a good laugh and we were happy.If you no of or here of any body who lived there around that time i would apprciate if you would let me no.

I was there in the 80's. I lived in 172 when Mrs Monaghan was in charge. x

• Like 1

Hi Teeny, i remember Diane n Jamie, didnt know their surname though, Diane was Jamies big sister but you wouldn't know it, they were always fighting ;)

I remember a Julie Morris and a black lad called Jay Jay and a few others all from around 1983-1986, just cant remember their names :(

Jay was Jason Williams, Diane's surname was different but i dont recall it, she was in 174. Iwas there with Trish Mitchell, Sharon Hartley, Nigel Wragg and many others in the 80's...

:hihi:

Julie,

Thanks for your reply regarding the children's homes on Reney Avenue,i was at 174,and the person in charge at 172 at that time was a man called Mr Smith,perhaps you had heard of him while you were there

The house of 172 was all male at that time,though the house i was in was a mixed home,and like i said we had some good times,perhaps you did too,but from the kids who lived at 172 Mr Smith was not a very popular person.

I have only managed to get in touch with one person from the time i was there,and was hoping that there would have been others who remembered me or the homes around that time,but i still live in hope,thanks again Julie for your reply.

Dave x

Are you in Benalmadena Julie or have you just not updated your profile? If you are and seeing as we are about 30 minutes apart any chance of meeting up?

A signed copy of your book wouldn't go amiss either (I would pay of course)! :D:thumbsup: