Was Anyone In Reney Avenue Children's Home?

I met a few kids from there in the eighties when i lived at Lowedges, it's all changed now and i would like to catch up with anyone who was there, they all seemed like good kids :)

do you remember Jennette Mosley or Tracy Bates? I wasn't in the home but had other friends there Diane and Jamie Morris

do you remember Jennette Mosley or Tracy Bates? I wasn't in the home but had other friends there Diane and Jamie Morris

Hi Teeny, i remember Diane n Jamie, didnt know their surname though, Diane was Jamies big sister but you wouldn't know it, they were always fighting ;)

I remember a Julie Morris and a black lad called Jay Jay and a few others all from around 1983-1986, just cant remember their names :(

I lived at lowedges for nearly 12 years of my life on lupton road.

i am 42 Jannette would have been 38 now if she had lived , tracey bates is married with children and Diane was last seen working at butlins nursery in skegness where they had both moved to

The Childrens Homes on Reney Avenue have been converted to Private flats

I remember Mr & Mrs Smith who were houseparents there and used to bring the children to St Peters Church. Jannette Moseley was a member of the choir at St Peters sadly she committed suicde her cremated remains are buried at St Peters. I also remeber a young lad from the homes whose name I have forgotten who went on a chior trip to Skegness and was pickup by the police for allegedly stealing a watch from a shop. I met him later in life when he had refoemed and was a happy married man with his own family

I went to school with Jannette and i still miss her, we were in a gang of out casts i would say. Jannette died 26 years ago on the 1st of october, she was the bast friend of many , its actually quite sad as anothe friend recently passed on who was also a member of the gang!

so choirboy did you go to Jordanthorpe or Greenhill school ? and did you know Tracey Bates who married Howard i forget his name

I went to school with Jannette and i still miss her, we were in a gang of out casts i would say. Jannette died 26 years ago on the 1st of october, she was the bast friend of many , its actually quite sad as anothe friend recently passed on who was also a member of the gang!

so choirboy did you go to Jordanthorpe or Greenhill school ? and did you know Tracey Bates who married Howard i forget his name

Hi Teeney

Thanks for your reply No I did not go to Greenhill or Jordanthorpe School I am much older than you I was an adult member Assistant Organist and Youth Club Leader at St Peters Church Greenhill which I still attend but now too old for Youth Work. I always remember Jeanette as a very faithful member of the choir who had a good voice and really loved singing She also had a younger brother whose name I cant remember who was in the Choir. Her grandmother was also a member of St Peters and was naturally devasted at what Jeannette did from her flat window

I am always very sad when I think about Jeannette and feel that somehow we let her down by not sorting out her problems and preventing her tragic death. We remember her every year in the service on the anniversary of her death and her name is in the memorial book at St Peters Church

I used to go to St peters when i was younger, i remember Dave Memot, Bob fitzharris whose the Arch Deacon of doncaster , i remember fr Panel and lots more people whom i am sure you probably still know.

Janette was let down by her family , she felt unloved by her mum , her mum and brother didn't attend the funeral as i remember. I think her mum love Brain more than Janette and it showed. School life was consant bullying from all angles teachers didn't protect the children , those who got involved were classed as trouble makers and became targets of bullying. I feel now that alot of jannettes problems were caused by lack of support and understanding. Jannette was like a sister to myself and i have never forgotten her and never will. My friend who died 2 weeks ago also remembered Jannette fondly and we have often talked about her, remembering some of the happeir moments on beauchief gold course sledging and collecting golf balls, non of us were supposed to be there but there was a group of us who were always together.

i was alos at Jannettes comfirmation , my church had adult baptism so the service interested me.

i remember the childrens homes.i can remember julie morris.i also remember a lad called richard.i know his second name but shouldnt post it on here.think julie morris had something to do with prostitutes when she left.she ran across bramall lane naked if i recall right.

i remember the childrens homes.i can remember julie morris.i also remember a lad called richard.i know his second name but shouldnt post it on here.think julie morris had something to do with prostitutes when she left.she ran across bramall lane naked if i recall right.

Hi shefflass, yes that was right, she did that as a publicity stunt for her business, i only put her full name as she has changed it now, she has also written a book about her life (Priceless), I have the book and its a great read!

She had a book signing in WH Smiths earlier this year, so i have a signed copy!

I also remember 2 Richards, one lived at 172, the other at 174 Reney avenue, wonder where they are now?, The one who lived at 174 was nicknamed 'Brains', :)

the one i remember was reallly tall.i wasnt in the home myself but my sister used to go out with him.i used to go to sunday school with julie.just remembered the richard i knew had a friend called casper.