Sunday 8th Oct Ewden Valley Round Walk

I noticed this ad in a local magazine, which might be of interest to some, especially as its family friendly:

"Local history walk/family round walk in the Ewden Valley. Meet 10.30 am Glen Howe Car Park, Wharncliffe Side. Return around 3pm, bring packed lunch and suitable clothing."

There are a couple of phone numbers too, but I don't like posting other people's numbers on the internet! You'd have to PM me and I can let you have them, I suppose. :)

I noticed this ad in a local magazine, which might be of interest to some, especially as its family friendly:

"Local history walk/family round walk in the Ewden Valley. Meet 10.30 am Glen Howe Car Park, Wharncliffe Side. Return around 3pm, bring packed lunch and suitable clothing."

There are a couple of phone numbers too, but I don't like posting other people's numbers on the internet! You'd have to PM me and I can let you have them, I suppose. :)

Tut, Feargal! When I saw this thread I thought, emboldened by the success of Purdy's walk yesterday, that you'd gone and planned one yourself. I was looking forward to asking you "which way next?", "are we there yet?" and "didn't you say it was flat?" :hihi:

Seriously if anyone is interested in doing this walk contact Feargal and give us feedback. If its a good route it could be added to the list of future walks

How very dare you! You should know better than to think I have any directional skills at all. My motto is "wander aimlessly - you'll get there in the end". It works for me! ;)

From what I can see in the Sixer magazine, there's usually one of these every month (not too far from the S6 area), so I'll keep an eye out for any more coming up.

hi feargal/taxman. In a previous life I think I once did this walk, and it was very enjoyable. Don`t think it`s as far as last sundays walk, but the paths are probably better although if the weathers bad, it could be pretty wild up there! I`d go on it if anyone`s interested in arranging a walk there one sunday, and if it was difficult for public transport, it wouldn`t be too much out of my way to pick up to 4 people up from the tram terminus at Hillsborough or somewhere round there. Leave it to you guys