Woodhouse Central WMC

yes,doctor burrows.

We had our wedding reception there in 1975 it was the only place in Woodhouse big enough for all our family and friends.

Was a good club seen some good turns there,shame like a lot of clubs now gone...:(

Dr Burrows was the last of the GPs in Beighton Road; before him, for a long time, was Dr O'Brien.

my late grandad was on the commetee there,big bloke always wore a suite and tie and handkerchief in top pocket,ernest harris was is name,his son died tragically in a car crash,that was my dad.

HI used to go for a drink with your grandad .We used to go for a run out to the fox at beighton He gave us an old half crown to put on our key ring. lived on mauncer. New your dad as well called him young Ernest we all used to drink in George in at Woodhouse landlord was called Percy. Your grandad was a right hard man and used to be trouble shooter at Central club. If you was a friend of old Ernest no body picked on you and he was a good friend .Your dad was a lot more placid and a realy nice person They were both friends of mine :)

• Thanks 1

my late grandad was on the commetee there,big bloke always wore a suite and tie and handkerchief in top pocket,ernest harris was is name,his son died tragically in a car crash,that was my dad.

Was it a Dralon suite?

Was it a Dralon suite?

:hihi: 1t was about 30 years ago was you the village idiot. Bet Ernest poped you one on :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Didn't Charlie Bell have a lot to do with the club ?....The last Steward was George who went on to run the Bulldog down Attercliffe.

Does anyone have any photographs of the old Central working mens club on Beighton Road?

no but I just live down from there. :)

:hihi: 1t was about 30 years ago was you the village idiot. Bet Ernest poped you one on :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Can you spell-if you can reread your idiotic comments!

On 22/04/2012 at 00:15, razorblades said:

Didn't Charlie Bell have a lot to do with the club ?....The last Steward was George who went on to run the Bulldog down Attercliffe.

Thats the one, George Jepson?

Used to know Joanne, knew they went to a pub down Attercliffe but couldnt remember the name. Just talking to a young Jepson lass on facebook she moved to Woodhouse over a year ago from Huddersfield

On 01/10/2006 at 12:07, alchresearch said:

Does anyone have any photographs of the old Central working mens club on Beighton Road?

Just found this one, after it closed

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s32151&pos=52967&action=zoom&id=104723

early 90s?