Ant Marketing - Opinions

No talking to some people is there ANT IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK if you want too!!

Anyone wants to work try it x

:loopy:

I'm presuming at work you use a spell checker ?

No talking to some people is there ANT IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK if you want too!!

I'm sure it is - but I am also sure you are not helping the cause by fuelling the obvious agenda of other posters?

I'm sure it is - but maybe it's best not to fuel the fire and make a rod for your own back? I'm sure your bosses might not be pleased if they came on here and read the posts?

Auth because im not dis-respecting my company or my job!!

Some of the people I've spoken to who don't have internet access have asked me to ask you

Is Chris Mortimer still there ?

He used to manage the insurance campaign at Sheaf ?

Or what about his assistant Mark - why did he leave ?

Promoting not dis-respecting!!

No offence - and again thank you for coming on and posting your opinions - but you haven't done your company a favour with your posts really have you ?

Auth because im not dis-respecting my company or my job!!

Absolutly not!! I wouldn't say you were!!!

I just think there is an obvious agenda by certain people in this thread that is probably best not discussing with them as they may spin what you say to their ends, which could end up being negative for your company.

Your bosses might be unhappy if you allow the agenda to continue, thus inadvertantly disrespecting your workplace.

I know that if I was a boss, I would have words with someone who, albeit inadvertantly, encouraged the other posters' agenda to continue.

I do admire your spirit and your openness, honesty and obvious passion for your job though.

Some of the people I've spoken to who don't have internet access have asked me to ask you

Is Chris Mortimer still there ?

He used to manage the insurance campaign at Sheaf ?

Or what about his assistant Mark - why did he leave ?

lol

Maybe you should put away your fishing rod?

I think you have had a good few bites tonight...

I do admire your spirit and your openness, honesty and obvious passion for your job though.

Yeah

If anyone as worked there as long as I have (17 months) then I will value your opinions if not then I aint bothered with your disrespectful remarks

Those who leave are only in it for themselves

I suggest that people who don't believe in it don't give 110%

Can I also point out ANT is commited to raising money for help a Hallam child what does VOICE do??????

so misterlee you are at VIOCE now can I also point out VOICE have lost contracts in their trial perods lateley

No offence but if this an indication of Ant management then I doubt I'll be ringing for an interview thanks.

Shocking.

I'm sure that with every job, there are positives and negatives.

The call centre industry, particularly sales, does get a rough ride and to be fair a lot of that is from the people who simply don't like the idea of it. That's fine, it's an opinion, albeit an uneducated one.

It seems that ANT has had lots of problems in the past and that is something they need to recognise and address to move forward and it is up to them to do that. Some people in this thread say they have changed, some people say they haven't, but if people like the managers posting tonight are reading the forum and the comments made - and if they are so passionate about it like the way they have posted, then I would like to think that they will do what they can to change they way things are for the better. I am sure that most businesses have 'horror stories'. I think I have heard one for almost every large employer in Sheffield.

On the same token, not everyone is suited to every job, so what might suit an accountant might not suit a bricklayer. It's horses for courses. I am sure that there are plenty of people who go to somewhere like ANT and do walk out of the door because it's not for them, but I am sure that this is the same in a lot of companies.

What stands out for me in this thread tonight is that there is obviously passion and enthusiasm within ANT and if things are as bad as some would make out then it's up to those people to make it better (it's encouraging to see that the managers do read these forums). Likewise, there has been a lot of uneducated posts of people that 'know someone who know someone who worked there', or have an obvious agenda. Again, opinions are fine, but if I was someone reading this thread and looking for work who wanted an honest opinion of how the place is, then I would read the posts from the people who work there rather than the speculative ones - and by my reckoning, there are a lot of people who work there, want to work there and portray it quite positively.

I think you miss the point though.

For every 1 bad story about other employers that I've heard, there seem to be a hundred about Ant.

And I don't think that btbwild's post exhibit enthusiasm, but I do think they exhibit a shocking level of unprofessionalism and anyone reading their posts will have formed very quickly a certain opinion.

I value the opinions of people who have worked there instead of dismissing them as you have done so very quickly.

By learning why people have left, and more importantly why they criticise the place in such a damning way Ant could learn a lot. Instead it could appear to most that they simply don't want to listen to criticism and havent' learned very much over the years ?

My questions about things like wiring wrapped round your feet as you work, desks made out of fire doors, about why the turnover is so very high were ignored, and instead replies are seemingly always forthcoming from Ant like the ones btbwild has been posting that are dismissive of any questions or criticism.

One question that btbwild has asked is extremely relevant though.

They asked why people always criticise Ant Marketing and not the other call centres.

I think there you have a question that needs answering internally at Ant and dealing with the answers that come up, instead of posting dismissive and obnoxious replies to anyone interested in knowing more about the place before applying for interview ?

I only worked for Ant Marketing for three days but during that time I had my head nailed to the table, my liver removed and I was hung upside down from the wall for 2 hours just for going to the toilet at the wrong time of day.

I look back on those days with great fondness.