Censorship and the inter net

Should there be some kind of censorship on the inter net.? I say yes we should track down all the Pedophiles and other sick people who use the net.

so what about freedom of speech how far should we take censorship on the net?

Well I think reasonably minded people can tell what should go under the banner of freedom of speach and what is deemed sick.

Pedophilia should be taken off the net and the poeple who put it there castrated and burned!!!!! But other sites should go under the heading of freedom of speech (expression) or whatever.

IMO

Was just about to PM and ask you to remove that link Bouncer - nice work 8)

PS. Anyone else see the irony...? :lol:

I once viewed that site about 2 years ago and saw something pretty nasty but not too bad.

I thought... I'll just check and make sure its still as 'tame'..... OMFG that place needs removing from the web! Crikey!

Tricky one the internet and censorship, as a responsible adult I don't wish to be subject to censorship but the amount of kids using the net means there is a responsibility to shield them from some of the sick crap that has found it's way on. With regards to paedophiles using the internet, well the internet has become the trap to catch them, what more could we ask for ?

Censorship could drive the problem back underground, where it lurks unnoticed !

So how should the internet be censored ?

More could be done to prevent paedophiles using the internet. There are all these viruses and SPAM emails out there. Surely these programmers and hackers could do good with their talents by attacking the paedophilia websites.

Wasn't the inter net the last bastion of freedom of speech?

I believe in Freedom of Speech but I don't understand why some of these sites are allowed to operate in the first place. It seems the authorities know about these sites and monitor them with credit card membership etc. tracking down any scum.

Censorship requires a censor. To censor the internet everything on it must first go to the censoring authority before being posted. That includes all emails and web sites, as well as all Real Time (UDP type) traffic (like IRC/ICQ/IM).

In effect, all traffic must be content checked before leaving client computer.

Not possible.

It is not possible to censor the internet, because it covers the whole world, and you could not get consensus with every country.

There are peodophiles all over the globe, so how could one deal with them in different countries?unless we had a global police force and we all know it is not going to happen.

We have INTERPOL. They allow police forces from different countries to work in co-operation with each other, especially in apprehending people who buy access to illegal websites with credit cards.

It's nowhere near as bad as it once was, you can say sausage roll and won't get an instant ban anymore.