Pregnancy health scares and medical problems (other than morning sickness)

Time will tell.

Inside knowledge of this kind of thing over the past 20 years suggests that the number of women with placenta accreta isn't going up.

Caesarean section rate about the same now as it was 8 years ago - in spite of the papers!

To get this problem the placenta has to be at the front, a placenta praevia, and the woman has to have a previous Caesarean.

Most placentas are either at the top or back. Not so many at the front. Placenta praevia, likewise isn't too common. Low lying placentas can be picked up on the 20 week scan. Only one in ten low lying placentas will remain so, becoming placenta praevia.

- Oracle

Hello Mums and Dads,

So can you develop new allergies to things when pregnant that you were not allergic to before?

OllieK

Yes - please don't tell us you're suddenly allergic to cats :(

hello ok,

yes, i think you can, although it's far far too early in the morning for me to rack my brains trying to work out why. besides, madam wants her mashed banana and doesn't appreciate being kept waiting...

does this mean you're developing allergies?? i certainly hope so!:D

I was just curious :D x but it would be great if I had developed some allergies :) except if it was my cats and puppy I started sneezing at x

how come i always like your posts ollie??? im not following u honest!!!!

i have become ill with some things and thing which i cant stand the smell of, i have developed strange phobias, never been frightened of spiders unless im pregnant with a boy, very strange!

x

I became allergic to belt buckles and couldn't stand the smell of chips:gag:

you can just grow in and out of allergies ... pregnant or not

My hubby appears to have developed a cat allergy - we had had the cats for 14 years:-o So it seems you can develop allergies at any time - dont know whether you would be more sensitive when you were pregnant though.

You can develop an allergy at any point in life, pregnant or otherwise but since your immune system is slightly compromised when pregnant I think it has something to do with the antigens and your bodies immediate assessment and reaction to certain items.

A few months after giving birth and at the grand old age of 29 I suddenly become allergic to oranges and guava though it had never been an issue before.

Now I have to carry antihistamines everywhere with me.

So, pregnancy could be a factor because of your immune system but it could happen regardless.

One common symptom of pregnancy is allergic rhinitis.

I suppose it's very likely as in pregnancy your body is working really hard at creating something of fundamental importance...so the little things get neglected.

What vitamins did you have while pregnant and what do you have now? Do you even believe in them?

I had Pregnacare then Magnesium OK(amongst other stuff) now.

Any good herbals for losing pregnancy weight with exercise?? Im taking Sea Kelp, Ginseng, Zinc