Reg Vardy - Eccy Rd - How do they sleep at night?

if you read the post correctly the key needed recoding after the battery had been changed they had left to long

... built-in design to force you to pay £40 when the battery runs out!

.....and you cant spell wrong

Sorry! :hihi:

not really if you change the battery and you have got the master key and you can do it yourself quite easy its when you leave it for more than ten minutes I believe not the same on all make of car though there may be exceptions

i'm currently on my 3rd car in 10 years from reg vardy and ive had no trouble with any of them.so i will certainly buy my next motor from there:)

My wife bought a car from RV (I don't wish to even say the name) and it spent more time in their garage then it did on the road or on our drive.

It was one problem after another. She would get the car back only to discover the problem hadn't been sorted. Then other problems would arise.

In the end, my wife refused the car and left it on their premises. They then charged her for leaving the car on their forecourt, fees which rose to over £2,000.

The bottom line is, she is paying for a car which she no longer owns.

Touch them at your peril.

Old thread and a bit late now, but the car was obviously not fit for the purpose. Consumer laws are there to protect against things like this. You should have sent a letter saying you were returning the car under the trades desciptions/sales of goods act, as they had had plenty of chances to make good and the car was still faulty. Let them charge whatever they want and tell them to sod off, if they tried to claim the money through the courts (unlikely) the details of all the garage appointments, faults etc would have very likely have the case sided in your favour anyway, if it ever got that far.

Rob 1 - old news indeed. We took them to court and only lost in not getting a third opinion. In a sense we won at least a moral victory receiving some 'compensation'. An experienced mechanic to back up our claims would have seen us win the case outright.

I wish not to discuss that here but one certainly got the impression that court cases between R Vardy and customers is a regular occurence and if we'd been a little more savvy we might have got the result we feel we deserved.

Dont mean to be harsh but were any of you people born & bred in England..?

If there's one thing mummy & daddy should have taught you from day one: AVOID FRENCH...

The food is gross, the women are atrocious, the country smells, the booze well that's ok, and as for the cars....I mean Renault & Citroen...come on people :help:

Rob 1 - old news indeed. We took them to court and only lost in not getting a third opinion. In a sense we won at least a moral victory receiving some 'compensation'. An experienced mechanic to back up our claims would have seen us win the case outright.

I wish not to discuss that here but one certainly got the impression that court cases between R Vardy and customers is a regular occurence and if we'd been a little more savvy we might have got the result we feel we deserved.

It's a shame more people don't contest court claims from people like RV. They rely on putting in a court claim (cheap and easy) and people being so worried when they receive the court papers that they pay up.

I helped a friend at work out a while ago (he knew i'd been reclaiming bank charges for family etc and knew the court system a little) he returned a car on HP which he was 2 months behind with, and then got a bill for £5k - he'd already paid £5k on a £4k car! I helped him write a defence out - no solicitors fees at all, and a week before the court date the finance company rang and said they would accept the £400 arrears instead of the £5,000 they were claiming. Just goes to show they are chancers and know the vast majority of people will just pay up when faced with a court claim.

Your point of getting an independent inspection on a faulty car is a good one, as you say it would have proved your case beyond doubt.

We have always owned Renaults. When we moved to Sheffield we went to Vardys initially for servicing etc. The staff were very offhand and it was expensive. We now go to a local garage who buys matching parts that are not Renault and are cheaper and the staff are much pleasanter to talk to. I don't think being Renaults being French is a problem as our vehicles last 10 years without any major repairs.

all main dealers are a rip off just spoke to vauxhall on saville street about a wingmirror and the said 165 including fitting

the spoke to a car spares dealer who said £15 for the exact same part and would even fit it me 4 free

erm i wounder where ill be going lol

£15 will be a copy and not original part

The council give them free business rates.

The staff don't get paid for doing simple jobs.

The electricity is free.

And so on.

I know it seems a lot but the overheads are massive so I may not like it but I do understand it.

Last week we paid them £769 + VAT for a major service on a Renault Scenic.

The parts were £167

The Labour was £602 - worked out at a guess of a minimum of £100 per hour.

Despite their significant overheads it seems a lot....

And they forgot to do one of the jobs, Had to take it back :roll:

i'm currently on my 3rd car in 10 years from reg vardy and ive had no trouble with any of them.so i will certainly buy my next motor from there:)

reg vardy have obviously started selling cars to idiots as well:loopy:

reg vardy have obviously started selling cars to idiots as well:loopy:

I don't think your post is called for.