Reg Vardy - Eccy Rd - How do they sleep at night?

After what happened after almost purchasing a Clio for my fiancee there a couple of years ago, I wouldn't touch Reg Vardy's if it was the last damn car dealers in the country.

You wouldn't be able to do that with a Renault because the 'key' is only electronic, and without a working key in the slot on the dahsboard, the car isn't going anywhere. There is an emergency physical key which will get you in to the car, but it won't start the engine and you have to take the door handle apart to use it anyway.

you are referring to newer renaults, with the keyless entry system and push start ignition...

the procedure i have is for older renaults...

my clio is a t-reg,

but the procedure should work on renaults up to a 51 plate at least...

My wife bought a car from RV (I don't wish to even say the name) and it spent more time in their garage then it did on the road or on our drive.

It was one problem after another. She would get the car back only to discover the problem hadn't been sorted. Then other problems would arise.

In the end, my wife refused the car and left it on their premises. They then charged her for leaving the car on their forecourt, fees which rose to over £2,000.

The bottom line is, she is paying for a car which she no longer owns.

Touch them at your peril.

To be honest you cannot grumble at the price quoted £30 to £40 is going to be the norm for nearly all main dealer garages not just limited to reg vardy just because it only took 30 seconds to do, by the time the job was completed more than likely three or four people would have been involved in one way or another £40 is not out of order

....by the time the job was completed more than likely three or four people would have been involved in one way or another £40 is not out of order

would love to know where you reckon 3-4 people would be involved in this, the process i found for myself off the internet required just me, and took less than the time it takes to put a kettle on....

if you're the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable to go and pay that amount of money for that little work then fair play to you.... but if thats the case then i also reckon that to you, 40 quid must be the equivalent of a fiver.

Reg Vardy ha ha ,took a good clio there taxed and tested, to be traded in against a new one, they did not even offer me the amount for it , i would have got trading in the tax disc alone . Cost the clever **** the sale of a new car.

I went there when I was looking for a car - saw one I liked at £5000, they then sat me down and proceeded to rack up over £1000's worth of "extras" (including chargin me for the petrol that was in it!!!!), for a warranty, tax and test, for paint protection, blah blah blah blah. I walked out - what they actually meant was that they give a screen price of £x but have no intention of letting you pay that :rant:

I went to an independent garage, paid £5000 for a car which was one year younger, got a free warranty, free tax and test, and the petrol in it was free!

I would never buy a renault now just because if anything went wrong with it I might be forced to go there!

would love to know where you reckon 3-4 people would be involved in this, the process i found for myself off the internet required just me, and took less than the time it takes to put a kettle on....

if you're the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable to go and pay that amount of money for that little work then fair play to you.... but if thats the case then i also reckon that to you, 40 quid must be the equivalent of a fiver.

1 reception somebody for first point of contact

2 service manager to allocate the job

3 technican to do the job

4 another at reception to make out the bill

easy and I will state once again it was cheap just what do you expect from a large dealership to charge. and yes £40 is cheap in 2006

I will state once again it was cheap just what do you expect from a large dealership to charge. and yes £40 is cheap in 2006

£40 to change a battery. Cheap?

Wring again! :hihi:

Might be an idea to feed 'Reg Vardy' into the auto mod 'banned word' list,- I can't imagine any company more likely to elicit bad language and potentially libellous responses. Except First Mainline of course :D

no reg vardy are worse than Mainline :hihi:

£40 to change a battery. Cheap?

Wring again! :hihi:

if you read the post correctly the key needed recoding after the battery had been changed they had left to long

and you cant spell wrong

I used to own a Renault Laguna N reg. On holiday i got the key wet and so it didn't work. As the remote does the immobiliser i couldn't start the car and had to get the car towed, cost £55 for the re-programming plus about £25 in taxi fares.

Then the battery went. Had to get the car towed again. Cost £35.

Then the alternator went. Had to get the car towed and the key re-programmed, cost £35. Plus £70 for alternator.

Then water leaked into the unit in the car. Had to be towed and re-programmed. Cost £35.

I had my Laguna towed 4 times due to the key needing re-pogramming and thus the car not starting, all within a year. The AA huys i spoke to told me that almost all other manufactors will give out the codes on request, only renault won't. All they needed to do was insert a 4 digit code, which they refused every time.

Now i'll never own Renault again!