Why did you leave - what's your story ?

I left Sheffield in January of this year, purely and simply because of the house prices..

I lived in Stannington and loved it, but we needed a bigger house and the house prices up there were silly and we just couldn't afford to stay in Stannington.. Some friends of ours lived here in Kimberworth and we thought it was a nice area, so we had a look at the house prices around here and we were quite shocked at the houses you could get for good money..MUCH less than you'd pay in Stannington, and bigger and nicer houses..So we thought, Why not .. So we did..And to be honest, I'm not that far from the Sheffield/Rotherham border, so to me, I still feel like I'm at home..

I left in September 1981, to go to University in Newcastle upon Tyne, I'm still here, work and all that.

Hi I left in 1967 because my parents did and had no choice we moved to lincolnshire and apart from a spell in peterborough I'm still here went to lowfield school and then newfield school.

t'was a holiday romance.

:love: awwww, so sweet, would you ever come back?

I left in 1999 because I felt the city was being left behind. The roads were terrible and IT related jobs were few and far between.

Moving to Manchester really opened my eyes and the Commonwealth Games and the whole regeneration going on really has made it a force to be reckoned with and a city to be proud of - it just always seems lively and happening - even on a weekday evening as many shops stay open until 8pm. And standing at the entrance to the new Beetham tower and looking up is just amazing, especially at night when it's lit up!

Plus, the roads are very good and I'm a lot closer to the sea than I was in Sheffield - I always wanted to cycle from home to the coast and now I'm able to do that!

:) no, do visit now & then.its changed helluva lot.we get wessies here at the seaside in summer & i love to hear the accent, sets me off de da'in in no time,much to the amusement o my kids.

After being born and raised in Heeley I missed it terribly when we moved to Gleadless Valley in '72 after slum clearance. I couldn't adjust to my new life in the tower house there so moved to Jordanthorpe in '74 where I finally managed to settle down until the kids got older. My sister in law kept writing from Australia extalling the virtues of Queensland whilst at the same time I was becoming bored with standing at bus tops in the rotten weather and doing the same thing week in week out. That, along with the fact that my sons were reaching the age when further education and career choices were a priority helped my husband and I to make the decision to leave Sheffield. So - in 1981 we did it... emigrated to Oz ! and it was the best thing we have ever done. Still love to come back to Sheffield though, as often as we can and I always pop into Heeley for a look around.

Nothing as glamorous as some of the previous, I left 27 years ago as my business was situated in the Nottinghamshire area; I now live in a small village near Retford, I do miss the hussle and bussle of Sheffield, the good pubs and most of all my fellow De-Dars, life is so lethargic in the country, but I suppose it does me good and keeps me out of the ale-house.

I left sheffield in 1998 to come to uni in birmingham, my family are still in sheffield so I do come back up pretty often. Left uni in 2001 and stayed down here as I landed myself a job in estate agency.

In 2001 my son died, I met someone from Leicestershire and in 2002 I moved here.

Been in exile ever since!

I left to go to uni. I moved south to the Midlands, then up north over the border then back south to Leicestershire in 2002. Still call Sheffield my home though.