Microwaving food, more dangers to your health.

I don't have a microwave either as before even reading this web I was party to a dicussion on increased Bowel an stomach cancers, I believe in maybe 10 or 15 years time we will all be told exactly what microwaved foods do to us. I personally will not allow my children to eatfood prepared in this way , when my children were babies I would never have prepared warm milk in a microwave because the way its heated can change the milks contents.

In the future the goverment who will have had people like the ones teeny works for ,who are on parlimentry committees , discussing and doing valid research into our eating habits teling us a new version of what kind of damge we are doing by eaing microwaved food.

You're 'research' has consisted of forming an opinion, then reading pseudo scientific nonsense on alarmist web pages and believing it because you're too scared to apply any rational thought to what is being said.

When said rational thought is applied, the allegations can be ripped apart as gibberish, see my breakdown of your previous copy n paste for details.

Actually someone said they'd read about it and I treated the information with contempt at the time but since I use the internet as a frequent research tool and I don't actually have access to scientific libraries, that was how I read about it. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it untrue.

I'm curious as to why you seem to be so emphatic and desperate for my reading to be untrue. You really seem to be working hard on the negative, I just can't comprehend why. Surely this is something which, assuming I'm not some anti microwave religious nut, would be worth keeping in mind for anyone.

What if I'm right? Surely it's better to leave that information intact for others to use, rather than suggesting that everything I read is rubbish but not posting anything more useful about it.

For me, the microwave is long gone, for more than 2.5 years in fact, I have more room in the kitchen, I don't need to think about my cooking techniques being harmful, I have no regrets.

I think it's more a case of dangerous to your enjoyment of food, rather than dangerous to your health.

I don't use a microwave because I'd rather have crispy jackets not soggy tasteless ones.

Actually someone said they'd read about it and I treated the information with contempt at the time but since I use the internet as a frequent research tool and I don't actually have access to scientific libraries, that was how I read about it. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it untrue.

I'm curious as to why you seem to be so emphatic and desperate for my reading to be untrue. You really seem to be working hard on the negative, I just can't comprehend why. Surely this is something which, assuming I'm not some anti microwave religious nut, would be worth keeping in mind for anyone.

Because pseudo scientific babble offends me.

What if I'm right? Surely it's better to leave that information intact for others to use, rather than suggesting that everything I read is rubbish but not posting anything more useful about it.

Everything you've posted has been rubbish though. It's just one of the many myths that abound on the internet and take in the gullible.

For me, the microwave is long gone, for more than 2.5 years in fact, I have more room in the kitchen, I don't need to think about my cooking techniques being harmful, I have no regrets.

Fine, cook how you want, but don't give advice on something you clearly don't understand.

Because pseudo scientific babble offends me.

Everything you've posted has been rubbish though. It's just one of the many myths that abound on the internet and take in the gullible.

Fine, cook how you want, but don't give advice on something you clearly don't understand.

At least TRY to be polite.

I do think we need to be concerned about the increases in bowel and stomach cancer since the introduction of microwaves, and I personally don't like how food cooked in them turns out, I did have a microwave until recently but after reading some reports we decided to ge rid of it, My husband is also concerned about the increases too.

You know I've resisted mentioning this for the entire duration of this thread, because I have no evidence but here goes.

My Nannan died 2 years ago of an uncommon bowel/intestinal cancer. She fought the cancer for several years and battled against all the odds to live with it, through various painful therapies and treatments but eventually succumbed, long before she was ready.

My Nannan, for the several years previous to diagnosis used to lean in front of the microwave when she used it, watching the food inside, reading a paper or listening to the radio. The visible bulk of the cancer was at the same level as the base of the microwave.

Now, I'm not so naive to say it MUST have been that, but neither would I rule it out as a possible cause.

In my opinion, the possibilities of ill health contrasted with the lack of evidence against, means I'm still confident in my choices being with some wisdom.

You know I've resisted mentioning this for the entire duration of this thread, because I have no evidence but here goes.

My Nannan died 2 years ago of an uncommon bowel/intestinal cancer. She fought the cancer for several years and battled against all the odds to live with it, through various painful therapies and treatments but eventually succumbed, long before she was ready.

My Nannan, for the several years previous to diagnosis used to lean in front of the microwave when she used it, watching the food inside, reading a paper or listening to the radio. The visible bulk of the cancer was at the same level as the base of the microwave.

Now, I'm not so naive to say it MUST have been that, but neither would I rule it out as a possible cause.

In my opinion, the possibilities of ill health contrasted with the lack of evidence against, means I'm still confident in my choices being with some wisdom.

this is what i mean , there are also mentions of other cancer being on the increase too so why and what are they caused by , some could be enviromental changes but some could be the items in our homes. I do believe there is some reports that the goverment hold back rom releasing ( Peter Brand Isle of wight ex Mp said this in his talk last year )

The government don't control scientific research. If there was any evidence of microwaves causing harm then it would be published.

Can I ask whether the people that have abandoned microwaves have given up on the mobile phone?

You realise that it's a microwave transmitter that you hold next to your head?

And that unlike a microwave oven it has no protective screen to stop you being exposed.

Cancer can be triggered in many ways, but when triggered by radiation it's due to ionisation. High energy waves pass through your cells and on the way they ionise molecules (rip electrons free), the molecules try to get the electrons back by reacting with whatever is nearby. This damages DNA if it's in the vicinity and that is the root cause of ionising radiation being a cancer trigger. Microwaves are not ionising radiation.

What if the microwave has a leak?

Then there might be some potential danger from it. I've never said that being microwaved was unharmful (although it's not ionising).

What I still maintain is that there is no danger from eating microwaved food.

If microwaves are so unsafe why are they on sale and used daily by plenty of people?