Sign in to follow this  

Advice on caravan sites in Skegness needed

im concidering getting a caravan and having it perminantly located in skegness.

the problem i have is not knowing the 'ins n outs' of it all,

like how much the ground rent would cost?

is there any other costs to concider?

do i need to pay council tax on a static carravan?

can i legaly rent the caravan out to holiday makers & friends?

if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated,

and any sites that you would recomend for good toilet/shower facilities and local kids/adult entertainment would be appreciated too.

thanks

My parents used to have one just down the road from Skegness..

Ground rent per year was around £1500 (and that was when they sold it in 2000 so heaven forbid what it is now) You tend to find that the more junk they put in the theme parks around the area such as rides and new attractions the rent starts to increase

You dont pay tax per year, everything is normally included in the ground rent or it used to be, you obviously have to pay for repairs, electrical bits for the inside (which have to be a certain power as your power supply is restricted to a low flow eg; if you want to use a hoover then its wise to switch everything else off!)

Renting it out is fine, just usually keep the site office informed etc and make sure that you don't rent it out to young idiots who cant handle their beer, plus some sites are strictly family sites to avoid such idiots..

Anything else pm me

DeeJ :)

thanks a lot, that has been very usefull, nice one :thumbsup:

i think u will find in chapel st leonards the grond rent is around about 1500 per year, which is quite a bit less than ingoldmells up the road. the closer u head towards skeggy the more it costs because the rides and facilities are more extensive. personaly i would go 4 chapel as it is slightly quiter than ingoldmells and close enough 2 walk up 2 fantasy island ete at ingolmells. also bear in mind that its a 9 month season and some sites dont allow renting the vans out.