When You Write A Story.

Ok then, following on from the "When You Read a Story" thread of a few weeks ago, Im curious about what happend in your heads when you actually Write one.

Do you visualize the characters and the setting? Do you put the words together and then adapt them to your idea of the characters and setting?

Do you have it in your head as if someone was telling you the story and you merely type it out?

What do you do? How does it look a second before your fingers hit the keys?

Me?

I really dont know which word Im going to type until Im typing the last word out. Maybe thats why my stories are a little skeletal but that seems to be the only way I know how to do it. As Im spelling the word, tapping away, the next word pops into existance. Do you do that? Or are you more organised?

When i write a children's story i think like a child (Not hard for me )

with a child's imagination there are no boundaries and anything is possible.

Do the carpet monsters exist of course they do ,are the Dumpits real you bet they are does Micky have a leprechaun for friend yes i have !!!!!!!!!!!!!. And on top of that i have gerry to contend with :loopy:

When i write a children's story i think like a child (Not hard for me )

with a child's imagination there are no boundaries and anything is possible.

Do the carpet monsters exist of course they do ,are the Dumpits real you bet they are does Micky have a leprechaun for friend yes i have !!!!!!!!!!!!!. And on top of that i have gerry to contend with :loopy:

You sound like the ideal person to write a childrens story.At school I was the top pupil in compositions(stories) but as grew older I lost my sense if imagination,and am quite sceptical now.

When I start to think of a story, I seem to get all the visuals in my head and I think sometimes my brain runs away with itself and then I try to fit the words in to make a story. I can see in my minds eye the start and the end and then have to fit together the middle. I hope for the best!