What is the best thing your parents have ever done for you?

Understanding?

Love?

Belief in yourself?

What is the best thing that your parents have done for you?

And to take it further how would you like your children to answer that question of you?

definitely nestle golden nuggets, the best thing about my childhood

Conceived me!!:)

soft bugger aren't I.

My parents were both dead by the time I hit 14 but my dad taught me to have a sense of humour even in the worst times and my mother taught me that women can be annoyed as hell by men who have a sense of humour even in the worst times.

As for my kids, I just hope they can say that I was a kind and amusing dad.

Ahhhh im sure they will Jabbers.:D

Hmmm let me think ..... self-sufficiency and independence

Ooops sorry, posted before I'd finished (they obviously didn't give me any computer skills) :hihi:

I would like my little boy to say I gave him love and respect, and taught him how to give the same in return.

They gave me 5 brothers and a sister (why)

Splittin up when I was five - was sick of seein them punch the bejeebies out of each other!!!

Strangely enough i'd have to say splitting up and getting divorced (when i was 4) would definitley be one of things they did for the best which did benefit me!

Apart from that erm....supporting me, putting the time in with me (dad was constant over the years with seeing me and mum always spent plenty of time with me when i was younger reading and doing maths etc.) generally i think just caring and being there.

And most recently my mum (and stepdad) gave me my first sibling, a baby sister.

I'd like my kids (if i have any) to say i gave them a fantastic childhood and taught them how to be good people.

Without going into too much detail...After recent events iv had questions like "where have you been?" "who have you been to the cinema with?".. with, what seemed to me, sarcastic remarks at the end...

Having been through a bad week, it was the last thing i needed and so yesterday i confronted my mum over phone and text. I explained that im 19, want to live my own life and to stop basically watching over me 24/7.

Its also recently come to light that im moving in with a friend. I think my parents think its because of recent events, but it isnt really... its been on my mind for a while and now i feel it is the ideal oppertunity.

Basically, all my parents were doing was looking out for me. Iv told them i do need to learn from my own mistakes and what im doing at the minute, what they disagree with, im doing for me, because i want to.

So basically, in answer to your question:

Be there for me when i need them, care and love me- basically, everything a parent should do.

Iv apologised to my mum today about what i said but dad still hasnt forgive me. I hope he will, because i dont think i could move out without knowing dad and i can understand eachother, and I do need him.