Sheffield - City of Vauxhall Astras

Has anyone else noticed the disproportionately large numbers of Vauxhall Astras compared to other cars in Sheffield?

Watch out for 'em the next time you're on the road.

What's that all about?

Out with the dog this lunchtime and of the ten or so vehicles that passed me, three were Jeeps and at least four were other types of large 4x4s, one City Link van (lost I expect :) - 'cos he was on the phone), and a couple of ordinary cars but I don't think they were Astras.

It might depend on where you live ??

Has anyone else noticed the disproportionately large numbers of Vauxhall Astras compared to other cars in Sheffield?

Watch out for 'em the next time you're on the road.

What's that all about?

Wondered why we had come top in the car crime poll .......Too many Astra`s

Too many Vauxhalls full stop.

Bar the VX220 and Monaro I cant really think of a valid excuse for anyone buying one brand new. At least the stuka bomber level depreciation means that a 3rd hand buy isnt such a criminal act.

I never really noticed many Astras on the roads - until I bought one!

Tis the same with me, every car I have, there seems to be an increase in the same type of car on the roads.

I now see, like, 30 or so McLaren F1's on me travels each day, dig that! :loopy:

:hihi:

I never really noticed many Astras on the roads - until I bought one!

That's a psychological phenomenon called 'positive selection'. You see exactly the same number of Astras on the road as you saw before you got your car, but now you notice them more because you identify more with them.

It's exactly the same as when you get ill, every news bulletin seems to have a relevant story that's important to you, or when you fall pregnant lots of celebs are in the papers having babies.

It's actually the same number as was there before, you just didn't notice them in the same way before.

nowt wrong with astras

i have silver coupe turbo then ma mate bort a silver one then his mate then his mate etc etc

Astras are usually driven by underachieving but think they are overachieving morons

Astras are usually driven by underachieving but think they are overachieving morons

MMMMM? thats a bit of a blanket statment aint it:huh:

no, I dont drive one, i drive a white van, both in and out of work, just says different stuff on the side. now there ARE a lot of them around :hihi:

Tis the same with me, every car I have, there seems to be an increase in the same type of car on the roads.

I now see, like, 30 or so McLaren F1's on me travels each day, dig that! :loopy:

:hihi:

Loser ! - you should have bought a Ferrari :D