Sheffield Ancestor Domenico Brentani

I have seen a couple of posts on this forum asking for information on Domenico Brentani, a pork butcher of Trippet Lane, Sheffield. I have some information on him - I am a direct descendent - if anyone would like to get in touch with me.

I have seen a couple of posts on this forum asking for information on Domenico Brentani, a pork butcher of Trippet Lane, Sheffield. I have some information on him - I am a direct descendent - if anyone would like to get in touch with me.

I have a link to this Domenico Brentani although an indirect one. I came across the names on the census's when I was researching our more direct line and kind of got side tracked. What could you tell me about him and his wife Eliza?

Do you know his wifes maiden name?

His daughter married into my family ie The Gray Family

I have traced his marriage certificate with his actual signature on it if you would like a copy

Hi.

There is a burial for Dominco BRENTANI aged 47 of Coal Pit Lane 12th August 1860 at Park St Johns.

Tuppie

Hi Domenico's daughter Mary Ann is my Great Great Grandmother on my paternal line. I have a copy of his marriage certificate with his signature on it if you would like a copy, also details of his death and burial

Regards

Daren Gray

In the 1851 census, they lived at 94 Trippet lane

Domenico Brentani Head 38 Pork Butcher Italy

Eliza Brentani Wife 33 Sheffield nee Boldman

Elizabeth Dah 15

Louisa Daughter 12

John son 8

Caroline Daugh 5

Clara Daugh 1

Mary Ann my gt gt gt grandmother another daughter was already married an living with Henry Gray

Hi Domenico's daughter Mary Ann is my Great Great Grandmother on my paternal line. I have a copy of his marriage certificate with his signature on it if you would like a copy, also details of his death and burial

Regards

Daren Gray

I would love a copy! Thank you. Domenico is not a direct-line ancestor but I still find family history information very interesting. Did you ever find where he was from in Italy or when/why he came to sheffield? The 1841 census is as far as I went.

There is a birth regisry of a Henry D Brentani 1866, Sheffield. Do you know if he is linked? Looks likely but not sure where he fits in. Also death of a Bernard BRANTANI, 1850 Sheffield.

I noticed there were Brentani's in the Hull area about this time also. I wonder if they are related.

Got any ideas?

Thanks

Genevieve

Hi

Also death of a Bernard BRANTANI, 1850 Sheffield.

The burial register for St Peter & St Paul (now Cathedral) lists Bernard BRANTANI aged 1 of Trippet Lane Sheffield son of Dominic, Pork Butcher buried 20th Dec 1849.

There is also another burial at Park St John for a John BRANTANI aged 9 of Pepper Lane buried 14th July 1852...This vicar doesn't appear to list the parents details.

Tuppie

I think you have this, but for the interest of others:

1841 census

ref: piece 1335 ed 36 fol 24F

Blue Boy St (Sheffield) [shalesmoor area]

Dominic BRENTANI 25 Pork Butcher F[oreign Parts]

Elisa BRENTANI 20 Y

Mary BRENTANI 7 Y

Elisabeth BRENTANI 5 Y

Luesa BRENTANI 2 Y

Ann BRENTANI 6m Y

Darren, would you by any chance be Joanne's brother? :)

Hugh

Hi

The burial register for St Peter & St Paul (now Cathedral) lists Bernard BRANTANI aged 1 of Trippet Lane Sheffield son of Dominic, Pork Butcher buried 20th Dec 1849.

There is also another burial at Park St John for a John BRANTANI aged 9 of Pepper Lane buried 14th July 1852...This vicar doesn't appear to list the parents details.

These dates etc fit with Dominico's son John who was born 1843.

My link is through the next daughter Caroline who married Joseph Chappell in 1865.

Yes I am Joannes' brother. She kindly passed on all your research re this family which filled in a lot of holes and I thought was fantastic. So a big thank you to you Hugh, regards Darren

Hello, we have been researching for family details on Dominico Brentani, Louisa was our great x3 grandmother. We are, Joy Mason from Gleadless, Sheffield, England, postcode S12 3JL. And Beverley Barton from Deepcar, Sheffield, England, postcode S36 2PX. We are both sisters and are looking for relatives of Dominico Brentani. If you need to contact us either reply to this post, or send an email to [email protected].