Sheffield Badminton Club (part 1)

Mandarin,

I could be up for Sat, what times can you do?

HT

About 12 noon - would that be fine?

HT: top idea about PMing then emailing round, if you can get a bunch of emails together we could set up a mailing list without too much hassle.

Might be easier than posting on here? Not sure.

So is anyone on for the coming Thursday the 26th? Game of badminton or two in the evenings folks?

If not what nights next week can people do?

Mattel

Had a great game with Mandarin on Sat mornin'.. I ll not mention the result *ahem* but its the taking part that counts! I am away this week but will be up for a game next week

HT

Had a great game with Mandarin on Sat mornin'.. I ll not mention the result *ahem* but its the taking part that counts! I am away this week but will be up for a game next week

HT

Yup - that was fun! And do not go by HT's words - his game is a lot better than he makes it out to be. Anyway - we plan to play again next week, and anyone who would like to play (at Ponds Forge) is welcome :)

Can't get a court thursday as Hillsborough is full of a tournament and PF never answer the phones :(

I've got a court Tues night 8:30 at hillsborough if anyone fancies coming along, it'll just be myself and a friend, and I don't think our skill level is anything to write home about, all levels welcome, just drop me a PM or reply here.

Mattel

Does anyone fancy playing this thursday evening at Ponds Forge (assuming my knee is better by then)?

I believe Ponds Forge will not be hosting Badminton for the whole of this week due to some function being organised on the courts. I had called them up on Sunday, and was told that reservations for Badminton can be made only from next week onwards.

Hi folks ... I went down this route a couple of years ago. We tried Pond's Forge, and Goodwin Sports Centre, but couldn't make block bookings and were regularly disappointed at the lack of availibility of courts. Hillsborough were good but we we outgrew their capacity - we couldn't book three courts together due to other activities. So we now play at Concorde - every Wednesday from 8pm. We usually get 12 to 16 players of a half decent standard. You'll be welcome to join us - no membership required, £4.50 on the night for 90 minutes of doubles play. Otherwise good luck - be persistent don't let that comfortable couch turn you into a vegetable! (or t'internet!)

Jo:

Yep, Def up for playing Thursday if you can get a court somewhere!

Spinac:

Where abouts is the Concorde? (30,000ft yeah yeah very funny :hihi: )

Mattel

Hi Mattel - Concorde is actually At Manchester Airport http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf/Content/ConcordeClassicTour haha!!!

... actually at the top of ShireGreen Lane ... at the very top right of this map ... http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=435500&y=389500&z=4&sv=435500,389500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=437198&ay=391932

and in the middle of this map ... http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=437250&y=391750&z=2&sv=437250,391750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=437198&ay=391932

Coming from Hillsborough, head up Southey Green Road, going straight across two roundabouts and past Longley park on the right. Go straight across Barnsley Road, continuing on Hatfield House Lane. Go straight across Bellhouse Road onto Shiregreen Lane and the entrance to the sports centre is two hundred yards on the left.

From the Northern General Hospital , head north out of town on the Barnsley Road, until you reach the junction with Elm Lane/Hatfield House Lane at The Phoenix Pub. Turn right into Hatfield House Lane going straight across Bellhouse Road onto Shiregreen Lane. The entrance to the sports centre is two hundred yards on the left.

From Meadowhall, head towards M1 junction 34 northbound (Meadowhall Road), but turn left up Barrow Road (towards the car park for the trams). After passing under the bridge though, turn right, continuing up Barrow Road to the T junction and traffic lights. Turn right at this junction and then left up Newman Road. Just keep going for about a mile and a half and Concord Sports Centre will be on your right.

It's dead easy when you've done it a couple of times!

Like I said you'll be welcome to join us anytime.

*Groan*

I was asking for that I guess :D

Will see if I can fit it into my busy schedule of, um, watching tele ;)

Hope to get down sometime, thanks for the info,

Mattel

Oh, you got a postcode for the place?