Sheffield Badminton Club (part 1)

would love to get involved, plus have a few friends who i normally play with who'd love to to join in too. When and where?

How about 10.00am Friday 13th? I am unfamiliar with Uni courts, are they at Goodwin? I usually play at Hillboro or Ponds Forge, £6.00 a court and £1.30 for parking (PF).

hi, would also like to give it a go if playing at ponds forge or hillsborough.

not sure were uni is.

I cant do weekday days as working. I can do evenings and weekends though if anyone is up for playing then.

What standard is everyone at? Do you prefer singles or doubles?

I have been playing for 8 months and am interested in getting involved in a league or club. I have only played singles.

I cant do weekdays -days because im working, although i can make it after work. I finish work at 5:30 and work in town so Ponds Forge would be ideal for me.

What standard is everyone at? Do you prefer singles or doubles?

I have been playing for 8 months and am interested in getting involved in a league or club. I have only played singles.

I prefer singles but iv played doubles before.

I used to play alot with my family in the local school hall- but that was just a bit of fun. Id love to get playing again. Definitely need to start doing something else aswell as going to the gym, otherwise im scared il get bored of doing the same thing at the gym.

I am average at it. I do play at Ponds Forge once a week with collegues from work. If the majority of interested people are beginners, then doubles would perhaps be a better option - just so that everyone gets a hang of things!

So - when can we play?

And for venue - my vote is for Ponds Forge too!

Centre of the city and easy access for all :thumbsup:

Yes I'd be up for this too. Both me and my house mate would like to play. We're both fairly naff to be honest but really enjoy playing. Any weekday would be fine for me at Ponds and I work in town.

Hope to meet up with all of you soon

Kate

There are a number of existing social badminton clubs that are looking for additional players at the moment, so it may be worth considering joining one of those. Some may be able to take on several extra players, including less experienced players, and those that are a bit rusty.

As far as we know there is no web listing of non league badminton clubs in Sheffield.

For those who wish to play on Monday evening, there is already a Sheffield WD Badminton Club which plays on the 3 courts at the Sheffield WD Sports and Social Club on Heeley Bank Road - just up from B & Q and the the Olive Grove road salt dome, which is fairly near the City Centre. Theres also a bar for refreshments afterwards. At £3.00 a night it is not too expensive.

[email protected]

Other social clubs include Hillsborough Badminton Club which plays on a Thursday evening.

It would be good to have a listing of all social badminton clubs and other informal non-league groups on the web, so that players and beginners can find a Bedminton group and venue to suit themselves.

Anyone out there know of other clubs looking for new members?

By the looks of it Ponds Forge, evening weekdays are the most popular choice! Fine by me too! Just had a great game down there today!

Shall we go for it and name a day? How about Thursday 19th 7.00pm at Ponds Forge, I ll book 4 courts?

Gary :]