Does anybody rememember Hyde Park Dog Track?

Can anybody remember Hyde Park Dog Track, and also the regular people that went there, for instance people who went to spectate or people that had dog's running there, for instance David Naughton, his brother Shaun, Mark Booth and the book maker called Roy Lindop, and Paddy Naughton who used to go there.

Hyde Park was great i went a few times with some bloke who had a bookies at Hunters Bar

Think it was Ford the shop was on Sharrow Vale Road

Never went there but knew a chap called Birtles who ran dogs there in the 70s.

Wasn't there was also a dog track in Darnall, - somewhere near Kettle Bridge ?

Yes, Darnall was a licensed track, Hyde Park was a 'flapping' track. Owlerton, licensed, is the only one remaining. Clarks was the bookies at Hunter's bar - up the stairs to the right!

Did not know about Darnall when did it close?

Darnall greyhound racetrack was just behind the old Parkway Market. It

was more or less at the end of Poole Road, when Poole Road was half the

length that it is now. The current A-Z has a roundabout at the junction

of Acres Hill Lane and Poole Road; that is more or less on the site of

the greyhound track, as far as I can judge from here!

The above is from someone else's thread. It doesn't give a date of closure but confirms its existence. I went there with my dad and it wasn't open when I was 18, so I'd guess at late 50's?

Can anybody remember Hyde Park Dog Track, and also the regular people that went there, for instance people who went to spectate or people that had dog's running there, for instance David Naughton, his brother Shaun, Mark Booth and the book maker called Roy Lindop, and Paddy Naughton who used to go there.
i can remember the dog track my father was on the door of the club upstairs ted savage

dont think he got paid just a few free drinks and regulars would also bye him one dont remember him sober i used to watch the dogs run from our front room window on daker row

::D Yes I remember Roy Lindop as I am he by the way does anyone still owe me any money if so please get in touch. I'm sure Mark Booth or the Naughton brotherts do. Great place wish it was still there now very fond memories.

PS

I remember your father Ted he used to let me in the club when I was barred by Dan Slack(before I came a bookmaker)good bloke.

: Yes I remember Roy Lindop as I am he by the way does anyone still owe me any money if so please get in touch. I'm sure Mark Booth or the Naughton brotherts do. Great place wish it was still there now very fond memories.

i had a mate called mary,she was a kennel maid/handler, back in the late 60's