Does anybody rememember Hyde Park Dog Track?

I know Stan Coles from Darnall allotments and racing dogs at Chesterfield and Highgate. To get back to the subject I have an old race card from Hyde Park with my Grandad on it as the owner of Joe's Jet.

I seem to remember the greyhounds name but cannot rember the owners name , what is your grandad's name ?

When did you last see or hear from Stan Coles !

I think I last saw him years ago in the old Morrisons at Darnall have not heard or seen him since !

We see Fred Moore's son regular who raced dogs at Hyde Park, Chesterfield,where he works at Curry's Park Gate !

My Grandad's name was Joe Wing.

I haven't seen Stan for a year or so, but I do see people who see Stan often.

Sorry but his name does not ring a bell with me , having said that my memory is not what it used to be these days, would most probly know his face if a saw him !

Good to hear that Stan is still alive and kicking, I used to work with him about 35-40 years ago at Harry Hodges demolition (lorry driving).

Sorry but his name does not ring a bell with me , having said that my memory is not what it used to be these days, would most probly know his face if a saw him !

Good to hear that Stan is still alive and kicking, I used to work with him about 35-40 years ago at Harry Hodges demolition (lorry driving).

I've just today heard that Stan died in july this year aged 84.

i can remember the dog track my father was on the door of the club upstairs ted savage

dont think he got paid just a few free drinks and regulars would also bye him one dont remember him sober i used to watch the dogs run from our front room window on daker row

i also watched the dogs running from our window on dacre row can also remember having sports day,s on there.have a few old pictures as well our family were called smith.

i also watched the dogs running from our window on dacre row can also remember having sports day,s on there.have a few old pictures as well our family were called smith.

What year did you live on Dacre row and do you remember The Wilsons and their

next door neigbour the D'says think thats how you spell it .also any chance you can email me them photos of the sports day please ;)

we lived onm there between 1960 to 1965.my dad was called arnold smith my mums name was audrey smith nee mason.i will put the pictures up as soon as i can

Hi Stagecoach, Just found your post while googling for Hyde Park Dog Track. In the 1940's , I lived in Whites Lane, Wybourn, and as a very young boy often went with a crowd of pals to the dog track, where we climbed the exterior wall, then sat and watched the dogs and the spectators, till we were chased off by the track security. On the "spare ground" up from the dog track, was where crowds of men used to gather to play "pitch and toss", gambling what seemed huge amounts to me, on throwing a couple of pennies in the air, and occasionally if we were lucky, we'd earn a few pence acting as an outer ring of lookouts for the adult lookouts, watching for the inevitable police raids ! There was also, near Warris place, a quarry (or a huge bomb crater), where in about 1947 after very heavy snowfalls, the "bigger" boys organised Anderson Shelter rides (a curved section of a dismantled Anderson shelter acting as a giant sledge) down into the quarry, 2 bigger lads steering, and 6 or 7 of us nippers as passengers ! Wonderful memories. One of the older lads was my uncle Harry (Gill) who lived on the Wybourn all his life. I'd love to see your photos of the dog track if you can find time, as I've no Photos at all from the early part of my life on the Wybourn.:)

Can anybody remember Hyde Park Dog Track, and also the regular people that went there, for instance people who went to spectate or people that had dog's running there, for instance David Naughton, his brother Shaun, Mark Booth and the book maker called Roy Lindop, and Paddy Naughton who used to go there.

I knew the Naughtons Im still friends with Kev Naughton Paddy's son and a lot of other people who went there. I used to baby sit in a flat in the seventies that over looked the dog track I kept the kids quiet by telling them to watch the dogs.

I can remember an uncle having a pig stye up on Skye Edge by the side of the dog track.Late 40s.

: Yes I remember Roy Lindop as I am he by the way does anyone still owe me any money if so please get in touch. I'm sure Mark Booth or the Naughton brotherts do. Great place wish it was still there now very fond memories.

nice to see you are still here yes hyde park was a right track we made some money from them duffed dogs we know the winner before they raced