Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

I am about to start 'The Strange Death of Liberal England'.

Has anyone else read this and if so what do you think.

I have just read Bill Bryson's 'Made in America'

I recommend The Food Chain by Geoff Nicholson. (He's from Sheffield) Disgusting and enthralling at the same time. A tale of greed ,avarice and also a great comedy thriller. It'll make you spew... i hope.

I've just read "Airframe" by Michael Crichton (1996), couldn't put it down, and certainly food for thought when you consider the increasing number of low cost airlines springing up.

Hi iv just read kray twins it was brill it was one of them books you cant put down:thumbsup:

Just read Haunted by Chuck Palanhiuk. I like his book Choke too. Don't read them unless you're weird.

I read haunted with a grim fascination, every page made me want to put it down but I didn't.

If anyone wants it it's yours for a fiver (cost £12 hardback) same guy who wrote Fight Club. Sick sick sick!

Just finished Dhampir series by Barb and JC Hendee, kinda LOTR crossed with Buffy, pretty good.

Now on Jodi Picoults last few (Mercy, Songs Of The Humpback Whale, Second Glance and Plain Truth) after finished Tenth Circle a couple of days ago, that was great, slightly out of the norm for her work but incredible as ever.

Read Running With Scissors by Augusten burroughs - pretty disturbing autobiog. Reading Tony Hawks' A Piano in the Pyrenees and DBC Pierre's Ludmilla's Broken English

I am reading another James Patterson book... I got addicted after someone let me borrow the 1st Alex Cross movie then I got addicted to the books after it and now I can't put them down.

I highly recommend them!

I'd recommend "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" by Marina Lewycka (who, I understand, works at SHU). Despite the blurb on the cover which suggests that it's a comedy novel, I found it very moving and true about how families work, no matter where they come from, and a cracking read all the way through.

There's a very good joke with a barman's name though!