Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

Also, keep an eye out in the Showroom for Bookcrossing wild book releases - they're free! Should be a few there this Saturday, as it's when Sheffield Bookcrossers meet.

Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski.

Without question my favourite book.

Not the best ever written, just my favourite.

Reading "A widow for one year" by John Irving. He's a very good writer and I really am enjoying it, but the only other novel I read by him was "The world according to Garp" and both of them are about novelists and the books have a lot of similarities.

I hope its just a coincidence and he isn't really only capable of writing about other writers.

currently reading the unbearable lightness of being - this is the second time of trying, but considerably easier this time around for some reason.

i've jsut finished if you meet the buddha on the road, kill him, by sheldon kopp, which was excellent.

also just finished the little prince, which is a really beautiful little book.

reading danny wallace and the centre of the universe for some light entertainment, and disobedience by Naomi Alderman. Not far into it so no idea if it's good, but it has a beautiful cover!

I'm reading A History of Europe by Herbert Fisher.

Proper conventional history book, all the things that your parents had to learn at school, y'know Bannock Burn and Napoleon, Savoy and Prussia, the schleswig Holstein question and stuff like that.

Recommended reading for anyone who wants to understand the modern politics of the part of the world we are in.

I have just started reading about AUSCHWITZ a doctor's eye witness account also got to read another auschwitz book called Dr joeseph mengale the doctor of death, then I will read another book called the 5 tall chimneys this is about the gas chambers in auschwitz and when these have been read I shall start on my 3 books on belsen and the final solution to the rise and fall of the third reich, then I will read the true story of the holocaust and how it came about and why hitler wanted to be rid of all the jews, homosexuals, gypsies and all the other people who fitted in to this holocaust. some good solid reading matter

I'm currently reading The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles, and it's proving very good reading :)

Oh, and BSH :)

Just read Haunted by Chuck Palanhiuk. I like his book Choke too. Don't read them unless you're weird.

I'm currently just starting 'The Monkey House' by John Fullerton. Courtesy of the 'bookcrossing' craze. I left the 'Da Vinci Code' in return and it disappeared in seconds :)

Currently reading Hunter S Thompsons's 'Fear & Loathing in Lost Vegas'.

Got a queue developing for next to read: William Burroughs' 'Naked Lunch'; Hubert Selby Junior's 'Last Exit To Brooklyn'; JG Ballard's 'The Atrocity Exhibition'.