Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

I'm reading The Rum Diary by Hunter S Thompson and Food of the Gods by Terrance McKenna. Both of which are great,

quas

Yesterday I finished the Virgin Suicides, which was really good, think I'd like to read Middlesex next.

Today I finished a book called The Timewasters Letters by Robin Cooper, it is the funniest book I have ever read! It's basically a collection of hilarious letters he wrote to various companies and their replies he received. I laughed out loud, read it!

I'm 1/3 of the way through "The Only Living Witness" at the moment, a book about the mass murderer, Ted Bundy.

PT

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I am afraid. Not exactly an intellectual read, but jolly good escapism!

I've ordered a book from Amazon on the theory of lingusitcs and from the synopsis, seems to base itself on Chomskian's outlook of lingusitics.

Should be interesting - well, I'll find it interesting, although many people won't.

:)

I have been reading "Once" by James Herbert.

A book about a mix of Horror, Witchcraft and FairyFolk. Very enjoyable. Nothing frightening though, for the nervous.

I have read most of martina coles novels (2 to go!).

Quite hard hitting but cant put them down.

A very good read.:D :D

just started reading all my terry prachett books again it makes a change from reading all my james herbert books. I have just finnished reading kate bush and ac/dc and metallica and maybe I might get to finnish my books on iron maiden. oh and I have got some photography books to read all to do with macro work.

Originally posted by parcher

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I am afraid. Not exactly an intellectual read, but jolly good escapism!

I love Harry Potter. The 'Half Blood Prince' isn't up the usual standard, and I thought 'Order of the Phoenix' was a bit poor too, to be honest. 'Goblet of Fire' is great! Still haven't seen the film though.

You should try Diana Wynne-Jones' books. They're quite similar to the Harry Potter books and, I think, better written.

I'm currently reading Jodi Picoult books. I saw 'My Sisters Keeper' quite by accident in WHSmiths and devoured it, so now I'm on my second with 2 more lined up.

Probably aimed at women mostly, dealing with real life issues like designer babies created to keep a sibling alive but they are fiction. Gripping stuff.