Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

Just finished "To your scattered bodies go" by Philip Jose Farmer. The first (and easily the best) book in the riverworld saga (the later books kinda forget the basic premise in parts and concentrate on having Sam Clemens as the main protagonist (instead of Richard Burton).

Next up - The Saratoga Barrier by Frank Herbet (giant fungus enslaves settlement)

Just read Abarat by clive barker. did not know it was in 2 parts, just had to go get part two!

Just finished P.S. I Love You - by Cecilia Ahern - enjoyed, emotional, makes you happy and sad at same time.

Now reading The Last Time They Met - Anita Shreave - hard to get into but getting there.

UPDATE!!!

I finished reading The Celestine Prophecy last year and thought it was absolutely brilliant!! Cant believe its fiction!!

im still trying to find the meaning of my coincidences and noticing them more now and taking it in than waving them away.

Im now reading the next book The Tenth Insight - Holding The Vision then after i read that ive got The Secret of Shambhala in Search of the Eleventh Insight.

its sooo good cant put the book down!

Zebra - Ive got lovely bones..its another book i couldnt put down. But i couldnt read it again tho.

Originally posted by funkyukgal

UPDATE!!!

I finished reading The Celestine Prophecy last year and thought it was absolutely brilliant!! Cant believe its fiction!!

can't believe it's fiction? could u believe otherwise? he wouldn't have come back to write it I can assure u that..but it can definetly feel too real, same with Memoirs Of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, I can't believe it's a fiction, how can anyone just come up with such consistent details..

anyway, enjoy the adventure :thumbsup:

Oh yeaa Memoirs Of a Geisha was brilliant couldnt believe it when i read the end that it was fiction!

I read another like it but i cant remember the name of the book..might have to trawl through all the books in the library again hehe

well somebody spoilt all the fun for me and actually told me it was a fiction just as I was about to start reading it..strangeloy enough though I kept forgetting that all through the read which was great..

tenth insight any good? I got it but never read it..was too disappointed I was still here after reading the celestine lol

I thought it was about time that I read 1984.

captain corelli's mandolin- the only book ever to bring a tear to my eye :D :D

Going to start the DUNE series again after i finish that.