Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

At the moment i am trying to read a book by Park Bok Nam & Dan Miller on Pa Kua Chang Vol 1 & 2. For those that don’t know it’s a book on an Internal Martial Art.

Dave

http://www.moifa.20m.com

The Wishing Game - Patrick Redmond.

Good Book

Originally posted by JoePritchard

After all the Lovecraft stuff, have you read King's 'Crouch End'?

C'thulu Mythos story set in London.

Joe

I'll give it a try.

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

im currently reading mia dolans the gift i love this book and john edwards one last time both books on psychics and im enjoying both

'The Predictors' - Thomas A Bass on how a bunch of chaos theory scientists developed a system to trade on Wall Street.

Joe

Banging your head against a brick wall by Banksy £4 in waterstones. Actually bought it as a christmas pressie for someone else - keeping it (it's very short) as its a cracker.

Nothing to thrilling for me as I wind down toward Xmas just the Key Stage 3 National Strategy which is a rather long document, thicker than some books.

And 'The Knot In The Grain' by Robin McKinley. Short stories of the 'must-read-before-my-eyelids-snap-shut-variety'

Hoping Santa brings something good and since I've spied an Ottakers bag in the house, I'm guessing that's possible.

Just finished Deerskin by... wait for it.... Robin McKinley again.

Excellent book based on the idea of another book called Donkeyskin.

Just received the audio book of The Picture Of Dorian Gray. A book which I've been meaning to read for ages but never got round to so this could be a good way of curing that.

I normally wrap gifts with Christmas music on but I think I shall listen to the tape today for those last minute extras.

I have just started:Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susannna Clarke(1), and after that, I'll probably start: The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time(2).

(1) After reading the first chapter, I am finding it pretty riveting, IMO. Great plot - very interesting, IMO.

(2) Everyone seems to be reccommending this book. There are two versions:- the adult version, and the children's version. I am presuming the children's version will have the plot dumbed-down, perhaps.

Here are other books that look pretty reasonable:

- "Eats Shoots and Leaves" - I have read it, but I do not have my own copy; you find yourself agreeing with the examples of poor grammar throughout the book.

- Bryson's novels - again, I've read them, but do not have my own copies.

- "Jack Moggs" - Sounds pretty reasonable. Amazon/customer reviews are speaking of it highly.

- "The Secret History" - Again, based on Amzon and customer reviews, it seems pretty good.

- "Catch 22" - A DSer claimed it was "hilarious". So, it seems as if I'll have to buy that one.

- "The Lovely Bones" - Apparently that is a good one, too.

- "About A Boy" - NFFC claimed it was pretty decent - again, I'll add it to my list.

- "Life Of Pi" - Apparently it is good.

Alex

David Blunkett by Stephen Pollard. Only just started it so can't give an opinion yet.

Originally posted by Mo

David Blunkett by Stephen Pollard. Only just started it so can't give an opinion yet.

Is it in braille?:P

pc brigade - just a joke!:cool: